Abnormal termination, caused by mdrv process termination. -82801

YCH

May 21, 2008, 10:14:43 AM5/21/08
to LoadRunner
Hi,

I am now carrying out a performance testing for SAP system. During the
execution, we got quite a lot message like below when we execute the
scenario in the controller.

Abnormal termination, caused by mdrv process termination.
-82801

I have the following observation
1. No problems found in the script if we execute is via VuGen.
2. The frequency of receiving such message is lower if we execute only
1 iteration in the scenario.
3. If we set the scenario to run for 10 minutes, 20 minutes or more,
we got such message frequently. 30 out of 40 concurrent users will get
such message and being terminated. Such message will occur at any time
during the scenario.

Our environment is LR8.1 w/ FP4, Controller and Agent are on the same
Winodws 2003 Server Professional.

Any ideas?

Rgds/YCH

Gavin Wilson

May 21, 2008, 10:52:18 AM5/21/08
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Try running as a process rather than a thread. That can sometimes work. Another issue with SAP is that you can easily hit the limit for GDI resources on the injector boxes. It is often difficult to get more than 30 Vusers on one injector because if this. It is a Windows limitation. If that is your problem then the best way around it is to use Microsoft Terminal Services and run 2 or 3 logical machines on your injectors. Each will have its own set of resources and you will be able to run more Vusers on the box.

Hope this is of help.

Gavin

2008/5/21 YCH <yip...@gmail.com>:

--
Gavin Wilson
Wilton Park Farmhouse

Telephone: +44(0)1494 681606
Mobile: +44(0)7703 537423

YCH

May 21, 2008, 8:36:58 PM5/21/08
to LoadRunner
Hi Gavin ,

What do you mean by "injector"? Do you mean the Load Genrator?

Also, do you mean that using Remote Desktop and open a few session,
and then go to the controller and configure them to run on different
session? say 10 Vusers per session to achieve 40 concurrent users.

Thanks & Regards,
YCH

On May 21, 10:52 pm, "Gavin Wilson" <gavin...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Try running as a process rather than a thread. That can sometimes work.
> Another issue with SAP is that you can easily hit the limit for GDI
> resources on the injector boxes. It is often difficult to get more than 30
> Vusers on one injector because if this. It is a Windows limitation. If that
> is your problem then the best way around it is to use Microsoft Terminal
> Services and run 2 or 3 logical machines on your injectors. Each will have
> its own set of resources and you will be able to run more Vusers on the box.
>
> Hope this is of help.
>
> Gavin
>
> 2008/5/21 YCH <yip....@gmail.com>:
> Mobile: +44(0)7703 537423- Hide quoted text -

Gavin Wilson

May 22, 2008, 3:49:33 AM5/22/08
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Yes for injector read load generator.

As for the multiple sessions install Microsoft Terminal Services on the load generators and then connect multiple sessions frorm the controller using Remote Desktop. It will take you a little bit of time to set it all up initially but it should sort out your problem.

Gavin

YCH

May 24, 2008, 3:57:00 AM5/24/08
to LoadRunner
Hi Gavin,

Running as process instead thread helps me a lot. Thanks!

I know how to specify the injector inside the controller. But how can
I specify which session? Since all of them should be run on localhost.

Thanks & Regards,
YCH