STATIC: The KKSM Newsletter - February 6, 2006

KKSM 1320 AM

Feb 7, 2006, 1:55:56 AM2/7/06
to KKSM-...@googlegroups.com
FEBRUARY 6, 2006

... 3 WAYS TO LISTEN TO KKSM ...
1320 AM in north San Diego county
Cox Digital Cable Channel 958
Streaming live 24/7 @ http://palomarcollegeradio.com

>> N E W S B I T E S

BLACK HISTORY MONTH - A celebration will be held on Wednesday, February 8th, from 10am-1pm on the San Marcos campus in front of the Student Union. The festivities shall include speakers, music, and food.

GET YOUR CHOPIN FIX - Sunday, February 12, Dr. Peter Gach will present the solo piano performance "All Chopin" in room D-10 from 2pm-4:30pm. This concert is the first in a series of three celebrating Dr. Gach's 25 years as a faculty member at Palomar. For more info visit www.palomarperforms.com

~ We still have a few tickets left to see "Final Destination 3" tomorrow night, February 7th, at 7pm. If you want to go, send an email to kks...@gmail.com and we'll send you on your way! If you can't make the movie, that's okay, it's not too late to enter our drawing for a Final Destination 1 & 2 DVD two pack. Simply send your name and address to the email above and you could be sitting down for a scary movie night.

>> S H O W  S P O T L I G H T

In this week's spotlight Just Unwind on Mondays 8pm-10pm.

Just Unwind is brought to you by Jenn with 2 N's (who can also be heard Wednesday nights on Shut Up and Listen!) Every Monday night Jenn plays the best old school, hip hop, and R&B, to help you relax and Unwind after a hectic Monday. If you want to hear those "special" songs for those romantic nights with that "special" someone, this is the show for you!

>> C O N C E R T S

In the next few weeks...
Areosmith & Lenny Kravitz - 2/10 @ iPayOne Center
Get Back Loretta, This Holiday Life - 2/15 @ House of Blues
Taste of Chaos - 2/16 @ iPayOne Center
Reggie and the Full Effect - 2/25 @ SOMA

>> Q U O T E  O F  T H E  W E E K

"Never confuse movement with action."
- Ernest Hemingway

Check out the KKSM Myspace profile: http://myspace.com/kksm

That's all for this edition of STATIC, keep that radio locked on 1320 AM.