Six Flags Reading Program

mbell

Feb 1, 2011, 9:29:03 AM2/1/11
to Homeschool Educators of Nashville
Hi All,

I am again coordinating the Six Flags Read to Succeed Program for
LEAD. Students in grades K-6 are eligible to participate. As a home
school teacher, each family who participates will also receive a free
teacher ticket. Each child must read 6 hours. This must be
documented and recorded by the teacher/parent on the Student Reading
Log (please log on to http://readtosucceed.discoveryeducation.com/).
Finally, you must have completed the reading log by May 4. I need a
self-addressed, stamped envelope in hand by March 4. You may mail
your envelope to me at: 482 Princeton Way NE, Atlanta, GA 30307.

Here is a check list:

1. Register online.

Step-by-Step Registration Guide

If you are a teacher, complete the following steps to sign your class
up for Read to

Succeed:

• Click on the “New User? Sign up!” link on the top right corner of
the homepage.

• You will first be asked to choose your school. Click the “Choose
School” button and then

enter your school’s zip code in the space provided. After clicking
“Submit,” a list of

schools within that zip code will appear. Enter 30307 for the zip
code.

• Select your school from the list and click the “Continue” button.
(you will not see LEAD yet)

o If your school does not appear in the list, you will first be asked
if you are a

homeschool. Check yes. Next check the box that says, "I belong to a
group."

•Click on GA for state.

oYou will then be able to find LEAD.

• Now that your school information is complete, you will be asked to
tell us about yourself.

You will need to use my address (above) for the school location.

Fill in the necessary contact information and then scroll down to
create a username,

password and security question.

• Click “Submit” once you have filled out the required information. A
dialogue box will alert

you that your registration was successful. You will also be asked if
you would like to

download the student reading log and parent letter.

• Download the reading log and parent letter to kick off your class’s
Read to Succeed

program. Before sending them home with students, be sure to note the
date on the form

by which you would like the forms returned. All hours must be logged
by March 4, 2011,

so be sure to leave yourself enough time to input all the hours after
receiving the forms

back from the parents.

• Beginning in late January 2011, you can begin logging your student
hours online. As a

registered user you will receive an email notification when that
functionality is available.

2. Mail to Mandi a self-addressed, stamped envelope by March 4. I
will put the tickets in the mail to you as soon as I receive them.

The dates that the tickets are valid will be printed on the ticket.
They are good for the summer 2011 season only. If you have any
questions, please email me. Thanks!

Mandi