font

Ze Bihere Wello

Aug 12, 2011, 7:01:00 PM8/12/11
to Google Amharic - Ethiopic Translation
I got a problem finding an Amharic font. Its called Aethiopa set1 and
set2.
Any idea about the font? where can I get it?

Thanks all

Belay

Aug 29, 2011, 8:25:09 PM8/29/11
to Google Amharic - Ethiopic Translation
I have been away for a long long time and would like to come back.
ዘ ብሔረ ወሎ (Ze Bihere Wello )
Like you I have googled for the font Aethiopa and could not find it as
a product. Do you have a particular script you want to display (may be
of artistic in nature) you want to display with this font. For writing
Ge'ez fidel ( Amharic, Tigrina etc) you have many alternative. I use
Amharic-EZ+ and satisfies my need. Please provide us with more info so
we can assist you in your search or at least provide you an
alternative. The best starting point will be where you heard first
time the name Aethiopa. The word has a sound of Ancient Greek. It is a
nominative, feminine singlar to depict an Ethiopian (lady or woman).
Belay Tekalign

Birhanu Mike . T

Aug 31, 2011, 7:45:20 AM8/31/11
to google...@googlegroups.com
Selam ወገኔ belay

Thank you bro.

I had a brochure written in Amharic Aethiopia font. My plan was to change it to a Unicode font for online use. I ended up rewritting it in unicode font.

I use Keyman aswell as a coule of other Geez tools for writing.

Thanks a lot again

Belay

Sep 28, 2011, 10:51:38 AM9/28/11
to Google Amharic - Ethiopic Translation
Selam Birhanu:
I am not sure as to the detail, but it should be possible
to write a small function that maps the keystrokes used
in any ethiopic font to unicode. There might already be one already
written. Is Tegene still active in this group?
Belay

On Aug 29, 5:25 pm, Belay <belaytekal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been away for a long long time anud would like to come back.

tegegne tefera

Sep 28, 2011, 11:12:01 AM9/28/11
to google...@googlegroups.com
yes I am reading Belay. It is some times nice just to read and I am on
a slow connection. composing long messages is painful.

Birhanu Mike . T

Sep 28, 2011, 12:22:18 PM9/28/11
to google...@googlegroups.com
Selam Belay

It was a short  about three page brochure. Well I end up retyping it in Unicode. Its great to know about the function. Please let me know when you come across it.

Thanks
Birhanu

Belay

Sep 30, 2011, 11:41:40 AM9/30/11
to Google Amharic - Ethiopic Translation
Birhanu:
The secret is knowing how an html tag (unicode) can pick a glyph from
the font folder.
This link has some good pointers in that direction. For more google
with keywords
"mapping glyphs to unicode"
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3582944/how-does-a-unicode-character-get-mapped-to-a-glyph-in-a-font

With that in mind, I am sure it is doable to write a program.
Belay
> >http://groups.google.com/group/googleamharic?hl=am.- Hide quoted text -

Message has been deleted