Joomla 3 Translation to Amharic!!

arade tariku

Feb 8, 2014, 5:02:03 PM2/8/14
to google...@googlegroups.com
Deal all I was trying to create a language pack for Joomla 3.x , so if there is any one interested in doing so please let me know .
Cheers !

Mekonnen Assefa

Feb 9, 2014, 12:12:36 PM2/9/14
to google...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am interested working on this project. I have enough experience in translating software and websites.
If you need any details please let me know.

Kind Regards;
Mekonnen A.

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 1:02 AM, arade tariku <arade...@gmail.com> wrote:
Deal all I was trying to create a language pack for Joomla 3.x , so if there is any one interested in doing so please let me know .
Cheers !

Thank You
Mekonnen Assefa

Fiseha Tesfaw

Feb 10, 2014, 1:55:10 AM2/10/14
to google...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

With the popularity of Joomla in Ethiopia you can get a lot more volunteers than this. How about you initiate the project, work on a few lines of translations yourself, make that code available and ask for help onward? Once that is done you can also propose the project on the joomla official localization site itself and get a lot more translators.

Thanks.

Fantaw Tesema

Feb 10, 2014, 1:54:52 PM2/10/14
to google...@googlegroups.com
ታዲያስ ሁላችሁም!
እኔ ጁምላ ኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ ዝነኛ መሆኑን አላውቅም ነበር፡፡ የመተርጎም ልምድ የለኝም ግን ለምሳሌ ገብተው የሚተረጉሙበት ቦታ ካለ ለመተርጎም መተባበር እችላልሁ፡፡ //ፋተ

Best regards

ለሚሰሩ እጆች፣ ለሚያስቡ አዕምሮወችና ለሚወዱ ልቦች፡፡
Improvement is always possible if you take action.
www.ethiopiawakeup.net

Fiseha T

Feb 20, 2014, 2:17:15 AM2/20/14
to google...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Launchpad.net is Ubuntu's project for software translation (search the web and there are plenty of similar projects), checked it and there is a Joomla CMS translation trunk. You can initiate your Amharic translation from there.

Once you start translating, you might find the following sites useful

Fiseha T

Feb 20, 2014, 2:20:59 AM2/20/14
to google...@googlegroups.com
Anyone starting to translate, attached is an image on how a po editor may look like (WordPress amharic translation am working on).
Capture.PNG

tegegne tefera

Feb 20, 2014, 3:05:22 AM2/20/14
to google...@googlegroups.com

Translating on launchpad unless it is the official translation site is useless. It will not make it upstream. Always first see the official documentation to see how one should go about translating.

Fantaw Tesema

Feb 22, 2014, 3:18:53 PM2/22/14
to google...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Where are you translating? Any permanent address to specific project in launchpad or similar? //FT

Fiseha Tesfaw

Feb 24, 2014, 3:25:07 AM2/24/14
to google...@googlegroups.com
As Tegegne indicated, you may not like to go on launchpad to create your joomla translation pack, here is a full instruction from the official site of Joomla!.

http://community.joomla.org/translations/joomla-3-translations.html

Thanks.

Fantaw Tesema

Feb 24, 2014, 1:29:02 PM2/24/14
to google...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Thanks for the link. I was more thinking if there is a project on a place where some of us can translate together. I am more familier to using Drupal and Wordpress. It is okey to translate Joomla as long as we know it is more used in Ethiopia. I am in to translate whatever but you guys who have experience can give me a clue or a place to translate together instead me making a language pack. Together is fun, i think. Tegegne knows a said will start to translate some years but that did not happen partly i am lazy partly because of lack of common place. //FT

Best regards

ለሚሰሩ እጆች፣ ለሚያስቡ አዕምሮወችና ለሚወዱ ልቦች፡፡
Improvement is always possible if you take action.
www.ethiopiawakeup.net

Fiseha Tesfaw

Feb 25, 2014, 1:12:11 AM2/25/14
to google...@googlegroups.com
Great, How about we start translating for WordPress? I know it's against the topic but am sure common words are inheritable.

Here is the step:
  1. Download this little application and install
    http://www.poedit.net/
  2. Find the attached .po file and open it with the poedit you just installed above
  3. There is the English field and the Amharic one bellow (at the bottom of the list i placed a few examples)

Take a look at the words, since you worked with Drupal I believe you know PHP well, so it's very easy to figure what to translate and what to leave untouched. Once done share you translation version on github or here for the group.

People can collaborate afterwards.

Thanks

wordpress_wordpress-am.po

Fantaw Tesema

Fiseha Tesfaw

Feb 26, 2014, 2:19:10 AM2/26/14
to google...@googlegroups.com
In case you didn't come across it, I find this page is very useful.

Cheers.

Fantaw Tesema