Re: [Google Amharic] Gmail in Amharic is here

Message has been deleted

Yonatan Mekonnen

Aug 27, 2010, 3:55:58 PM8/27/10
to google...@googlegroups.com
kool

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Alemayehu <alem...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I hope this finds you well. Some of you may have already realized that Google now has an Amharic version of Gmail. You might want to check it out by going to Settings and switching your language to Amharic. Those who have been working on the translation project for years, you can be proud to have been part of it. There is still a lot to be done, though.

As always, enberta!

Alex

Firew Woldeyes

Sep 14, 2010, 12:47:32 PM9/14/10
to Google Amharic - Ethiopic Translation
Well, I am happy now that I can log on into my gmail with almost
everything in Amharic. I would love to see everything in Amharic
though (none contributing yet demanding lol). Although this is not my
field I would be willing to assist if you can find use for pure
labor :).
But I have one comment also.
When I hover my mouse over my contact names. Then click on the name to
see my contacts profile. I get "Go to My Contacts" at the top left
corner. But if I go the same page using using "እውቅያዎች" or contact the
phrase is translated into "ወደ እውቅያዎቼ ተመለስ".
Do you know if there is any effort to translate other apps like Google
Chrome, etc. I wanted to ask about thunderbird (if there is effort to
translate it), is fair to ask that because it seems every project here
is connected with Google?
Best,
Firew

Firew Woldeyes

Sep 21, 2010, 10:24:04 AM9/21/10
to Google Amharic - Ethiopic Translation
Do you guys know why google amharic web page doesn't have news option
at all? Just wandering