GWT Plugin for Eclipse 3.8 (Juno 4.2)

Albert Attard

Jun 25, 2012, 1:29:07 PM6/25/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The GWT Plugin update site (https://developers.google.com/eclipse/docs/download) only have links upto Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo).

Is it possible to install the GWT Plugin on Eclipse 3.8 (Juno 4.2)?  I've followed the article: https://plus.google.com/110140945975184013033/posts/ePFpQZYhPQq, but no luck.

Regards
Albert

Albert Attard

Jun 27, 2012, 5:49:32 AM6/27/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
No one managed to install GWT Plugin on Eclipse 3.8 (Juno 4.2)?

Regards,
Albert

Andrei Bulanau

Jun 28, 2012, 4:09:50 AM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Albert Attard

Jun 28, 2012, 4:12:43 AM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Cheers. Just did

Albert

Albert Attard

Jun 28, 2012, 9:05:38 AM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
There is an update:  http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/4.2

I've used the above update link and managed to install the GWT Plugin on JUNO 4.2 with no problems.  I've only installed the GWT components.

This update was announced at this post: http://code.google.com/p/google-plugin-for-eclipse/issues/detail?id=71#makechanges . There is nothing yet on the official website: https://developers.google.com/eclipse/docs/download

Albert

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:12:43 AM UTC+2, Albert Attard wrote:
Cheers. Just did

Albert

Suri

Dec 5, 2012, 3:04:10 PM12/5/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I've been trying to install the GWT plugin for the past few days on my fresh Eclipse Juno and been scouring the internet for ways about this thing. Eclipse seems to hand at reading the XML or so. I get a provisioning exception with an error that the communication to the repository failed. I had uninstalled the Symantec we were using and tried again but no luck. I've tried the local version of the file, the remote version at http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/4.2 heck even tried 3.8 because some website suggested it. Nothing's helped so far.

Any ideas folks?

Suri