Error when i run AjaxSearch using gwt 1.5RC1

Ghostcoder

Jul 10, 2008, 1:59:53 PM7/10/08
to Google Web Toolkit
[ERROR] Unable to load module entry point class
com.mystreet.search.client.AjaxSearch (see associated exception for
details)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Deferred binding failed for
'com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.impl.GdrawOptions' (did you forget
to inherit a required module?)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTBridgeImpl.create(GWTBridgeImpl.java:
42)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(GWT.java:98)
at
com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.SearchControlOptions.<init>(SearchControlOptions.java:
32)
at com.mystreet.search.client.AjaxSearch.onModuleLoad(AjaxSearch.java:
88)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:303)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserWidget.attachModuleSpace(BrowserWidget.java:
324)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.BrowserWidgetIE6.access
$200(BrowserWidgetIE6.java:37)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.BrowserWidgetIE6$External.gwtOnLoad(BrowserWidgetIE6.java:
71)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.BrowserWidgetIE6$External.invoke(BrowserWidgetIE6.java:
128)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.IDispatchImpl.Invoke(IDispatchImpl.java:
294)
Caused by: com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see
previous log entries)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:
377)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTBridgeImpl.create(GWTBridgeImpl.java:
38)
[...]

Eric Ayers

Jul 12, 2008, 9:12:59 PM7/12/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Do you have an inherits tag in your application's gwt.xml file?

  <inherits name="com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.AjaxSearch"/>

Here's a tutorial that sets up a blank project so you can see one that's properly setup:

  http://code.google.com/docreader/#p(gwt-google-apis)s(gwt-google-apis)t(GettingStartedAJAXSearch)

If that's not it, here's a shot in the dark:  Did you recently update your version of GWT with an existing project? If so, try cleaning your project and then doing a rebuild.

-Eric.
--
Eric Z. Ayers - GWT Team - Atlanta, GA USA
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/

Ghostcoder

Jul 14, 2008, 8:11:58 AM7/14/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks for the reply .

I have included the gwt.xml content below ,I tried with and without
<inherits name='com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.jsio.JSIO'/> and gwt.xml
always had <inherits name='com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.AjaxSearch'/> .I
started the project with GWT 1.5RC1 and never changed the version .Let
me clean the project and rebuild but i don't think it would work there
is something else that i am missing .

<!-- Inherit the core Web Toolkit stuff. -->
<inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
<inherits name='com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.jsio.JSIO'/>
<inherits name='com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.AjaxSearch'/>

<stylesheet src="AJAXSearch.css"/>

<stylesheet src="http://www.google.com/uds/css/gsearch.css"/>

<!-- Specify the app entry point class. -->
<entry-point class='GSearch.client.AJAXSearch'/>

<inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.theme.standard.Standard"/>

<script src="http://www.google.com/jsapi?key=xyz"></script>

Error :
it throws error in line no. 32 of SearchControlOptions.java
final GdrawOptions drawOptions = GWT.create(GdrawOptions.class);

I have few questions
1. Does AjaxSearch example work with GWT1.5RC1 ?
2. It is second module in the same project ,would this create a
problem?

On Jul 13, 6:12 am, "Eric Ayers" <zun...@google.com> wrote:
> Do you have an inherits tag in your application's gwt.xml file?
>
>   <inherits name="com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.AjaxSearch"/>
>
> Here's a tutorial that sets up a blank project so you can see one that's
> properly setup:
>
> http://code.google.com/docreader/#p(gwt-google-apis)s(gwt-google-apis...)
>
> If that's not it, here's a shot in the dark:  Did you recently update your
> version of GWT with an existing project? If so, try cleaning your project
> and then doing a rebuild.
>
> -Eric.
>
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Ghostcoder <thanneer.ma...@gmail.com>

Eric Ayers

Jul 14, 2008, 9:18:35 AM7/14/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com

1) Unless you are trying to add extra functionality with JavaScript bindings, you shouldn't need the
  <inherits name='com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.jsio.JSIO'/>

You could try removing it and see if that helps.

2) Having multiple modules in the same project can be tricky.  What I do is to have the second module in a different package than the first.   If this one is in  src/GSearch/AJAXSearch.gwt.xml, put the other one in src/GSearch2/AJAXSearch2.gwt.xml  (those are terrible names, but I hope you get the general idea.)

The r290 release was tested against GWT 1.5 RC1 before it was released, so yes, if you are using the gwt-ajaxsearch r290 release, your GWT versions should be O.K.

3) What version of Java is installed on your system?  I've been running with java version "1.6.0_01", but the latest 1.5 release should work as well.

4) Do you see another exception with more information?  Try running the XXX-compile script from the command line, or click around in the Development Shell to see if you can find another message with more information about why deferred binding failed.

Ghostcoder

Jul 16, 2008, 3:52:06 AM7/16/08
to Google Web Toolkit
I created a new eclipse project ,created only one module called
GoogSearch.I still face the same problem .

I am using JAVA 1.5.0_12 version.

I have pasted the error that i get on Dev shell (everything) :

[ERROR] Failed to create an instance of
'com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.impl.GdrawOptions' via deferred
binding
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Object
expected
number: -2146823281
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:
443)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:
215)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:
91)
at
com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.impl.__GdrawOptionsImpl.<init>(transient
source for com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.impl.__GdrawOptionsImpl:
11)
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:
350)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTBridgeImpl.create(GWTBridgeImpl.java:
38)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(GWT.java:98)

[ERROR] Unable to load module entry point class
com.goog.client.GoogSearch (see associated exception for details)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Deferred binding failed for
'com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.impl.GdrawOptions' (did you forget
to inherit a required module?)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTBridgeImpl.create(GWTBridgeImpl.java:
42)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(GWT.java:98)
at
com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.SearchControlOptions.<init>(SearchControlOptions.java:
32)
at com.goog.client.GoogSearch.onModuleLoad(GoogSearch.java:88)
at
39)
at
25)
[...]

[ERROR] Failure to load module 'com.goog.GoogSearch'

On Jul 14, 6:18 pm, "Eric Ayers" <zun...@google.com> wrote:
> 1) Unless you are trying to add extra functionality with JavaScript
> bindings, you shouldn't need the
>   <inherits name='com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.jsio.JSIO'/>
>
> You could try removing it and see if that helps.
>
> 2) Having multiple modules in the same project can be tricky.  What I do is
> to have the second module in a different package than the first.   If this
> one is in  src/GSearch/AJAXSearch.gwt.xml, put the other one in
> src/GSearch2/AJAXSearch2.gwt.xml  (those are terrible names, but I hope you
> get the general idea.)
>
> The r290 release was tested against GWT 1.5 RC1 before it was released, so
> yes, if you are using the gwt-ajaxsearch r290 release, your GWT versions
> should be O.K.
>
> 3) What version of Java is installed on your system?  I've been running with
> java version "1.6.0_01", but the latest 1.5 release should work as well.
>
> 4) Do you see another exception with more information?  Try running the
> XXX-compile script from the command line, or click around in the Development
> Shell to see if you can find another message with more information about why
> deferred binding failed.
>
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Ghostcoder <thanneer.ma...@gmail.com>
> > >http://code.google.com/docreader/#p(gwt-google-apis)s(gwt-google-apis..<http://code.google.com/docreader/#p%28gwt-google-apis%29s%28gwt-googl.....>
> > .)

Ghostcoder

Jul 16, 2008, 4:56:14 AM7/16/08
to Google Web Toolkit
I tried with java version 1.6.0_07 and GWT 1.5 RC1, still getting the
same error.

On Jul 14, 6:18 pm, "Eric Ayers" <zun...@google.com> wrote:
> 1) Unless you are trying to add extra functionality with JavaScript
> bindings, you shouldn't need the
>   <inherits name='com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.jsio.JSIO'/>
>
> You could try removing it and see if that helps.
>
> 2) Having multiple modules in the same project can be tricky.  What I do is
> to have the second module in a different package than the first.   If this
> one is in  src/GSearch/AJAXSearch.gwt.xml, put the other one in
> src/GSearch2/AJAXSearch2.gwt.xml  (those are terrible names, but I hope you
> get the general idea.)
>
> The r290 release was tested against GWT 1.5 RC1 before it was released, so
> yes, if you are using the gwt-ajaxsearch r290 release, your GWT versions
> should be O.K.
>
> 3) What version of Java is installed on your system?  I've been running with
> java version "1.6.0_01", but the latest 1.5 release should work as well.
>
> 4) Do you see another exception with more information?  Try running the
> XXX-compile script from the command line, or click around in the Development
> Shell to see if you can find another message with more information about why
> deferred binding failed.
>
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Ghostcoder <thanneer.ma...@gmail.com>
> > >http://code.google.com/docreader/#p(gwt-google-apis)s(gwt-google-apis..<http://code.google.com/docreader/#p%28gwt-google-apis%29s%28gwt-googl.....>
> > .)

Ghostcoder

Jul 16, 2008, 5:32:42 AM7/16/08
to Google Web Toolkit
I like to add some info about my dev setup :

IDE :eclipse europa
Java version :1.5.0_12 (tried with 1.6.0_07 too)
Plugin for GWT : cypal.studio.for.gwt-RC7
GWT - 1.5 RC1

On Jul 14, 6:18 pm, "Eric Ayers" <zun...@google.com> wrote:
> 1) Unless you are trying to add extra functionality with JavaScript
> bindings, you shouldn't need the
>   <inherits name='com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.jsio.JSIO'/>
>
> You could try removing it and see if that helps.
>
> 2) Having multiple modules in the same project can be tricky.  What I do is
> to have the second module in a different package than the first.   If this
> one is in  src/GSearch/AJAXSearch.gwt.xml, put the other one in
> src/GSearch2/AJAXSearch2.gwt.xml  (those are terrible names, but I hope you
> get the general idea.)
>
> The r290 release was tested against GWT 1.5 RC1 before it was released, so
> yes, if you are using the gwt-ajaxsearch r290 release, your GWT versions
> should be O.K.
>
> 3) What version of Java is installed on your system?  I've been running with
> java version "1.6.0_01", but the latest 1.5 release should work as well.
>
> 4) Do you see another exception with more information?  Try running the
> XXX-compile script from the command line, or click around in the Development
> Shell to see if you can find another message with more information about why
> deferred binding failed.
>
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Ghostcoder <thanneer.ma...@gmail.com>
> > >http://code.google.com/docreader/#p(gwt-google-apis)s(gwt-google-apis..<http://code.google.com/docreader/#p%28gwt-google-apis%29s%28gwt-googl.....>
> > .)

Ghostcoder

Jul 16, 2008, 10:27:06 AM7/16/08
to Google Web Toolkit
I went through the source code ,i found that GWTBridge was used to
create the class instance in

final GdrawOptions drawOptions = GWT.create(GdrawOptions.class);

but com.google.gwt.core.client.GWTBridge class is missing in GWT 1.5
RC1 is that the problem .Is it a bug ?

On Jul 14, 6:18 pm, "Eric Ayers" <zun...@google.com> wrote:
> 1) Unless you are trying to add extra functionality with JavaScript
> bindings, you shouldn't need the
>   <inherits name='com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.jsio.JSIO'/>
>
> You could try removing it and see if that helps.
>
> 2) Having multiple modules in the same project can be tricky.  What I do is
> to have the second module in a different package than the first.   If this
> one is in  src/GSearch/AJAXSearch.gwt.xml, put the other one in
> src/GSearch2/AJAXSearch2.gwt.xml  (those are terrible names, but I hope you
> get the general idea.)
>
> The r290 release was tested against GWT 1.5 RC1 before it was released, so
> yes, if you are using the gwt-ajaxsearch r290 release, your GWT versions
> should be O.K.
>
> 3) What version of Java is installed on your system?  I've been running with
> java version "1.6.0_01", but the latest 1.5 release should work as well.
>
> 4) Do you see another exception with more information?  Try running the
> XXX-compile script from the command line, or click around in the Development
> Shell to see if you can find another message with more information about why
> deferred binding failed.
>
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Ghostcoder <thanneer.ma...@gmail.com>
> > >http://code.google.com/docreader/#p(gwt-google-apis)s(gwt-google-apis..<http://code.google.com/docreader/#p%28gwt-google-apis%29s%28gwt-googl.....>
> > .)

Eric Ayers

Jul 16, 2008, 10:55:21 AM7/16/08
to Ghostcoder, Google Web Toolkit
If you could give me a small example to reproduce this that would be a big help.  If not that, can you post your entry point class and host.html file?

Eric Ayers

Jul 16, 2008, 11:11:24 AM7/16/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
GWTBridget.java should be there in:

./dev/core/super/com/google/gwt/core/client/GWTBridge.java

(although this is a relatively new class.)

For gwt-ajaxsearch - are you using the r290 release or something else?

  http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/list?can=1

I think if you could provide a small reproducible sample that would be the best thing, otherwise, I'm just guessing!

Ghostcoder

Jul 16, 2008, 12:38:40 PM7/16/08
to Google Web Toolkit
I am using gwt-ajaxsearch r290 release.

My Entry point class :

package com.goog.client;

import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.ExpandMode;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.KeepLabel;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.KeepListener;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.LinkTarget;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.NewsResult;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.NewsSearch;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.Result;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.ResultSetSize;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.Search;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.SearchControl;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.SearchControlOptions;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.SearchListener;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.VideoResult;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.VideoSearch;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.WebResult;
import com.google.gwt.ajaxsearch.client.WebSearch;
import com.google.gwt.core.client.EntryPoint;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.Window;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.WindowResizeListener;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.ClickListener;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.HTML;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.HorizontalPanel;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Label;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.PopupPanel;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.RootPanel;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.VerticalPanel;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget;

public class GSearch implements EntryPoint , KeepListener,
SearchListener,
WindowResizeListener {

private class GoogleCodeWebSearch extends WebSearch {
public GoogleCodeWebSearch() {
setSiteRestriction("code.google.com");
setUserDefinedLabel("Google Code");
setResultSetSize(ResultSetSize.LARGE);
}
}
private VerticalPanel clips = new VerticalPanel();

private HorizontalPanel hp = new HorizontalPanel();

public void onKeep(SearchControl control, final Result result) {
String title;
if (result instanceof WebResult) {
WebResult web = (WebResult) result;
title = web.getTitle();
} else if (result instanceof NewsResult) {
NewsResult web = (NewsResult) result;
title = web.getTitle();
} else if (result instanceof VideoResult) {
VideoResult video = (VideoResult) result;
title = video.getTitle();
// Metadata is also available
System.out.println(video.getTbHeight() + "x" +
video.getTbWidth() + " "
+ video.getDuration() + "seconds");
} else {
// Ads don't have an official interface
title = "Advertisement";
}

HTML h = new HTML(title);
h.addStyleName("clipLink");
h.addClickListener(new ClickListener() {
public void onClick(Widget w) {
PopupPanel p = new PopupPanel(true);
p.addStyleName("keepPopup");
p.setWidget(result.getHtml());
p.setPopupPosition(w.getAbsoluteLeft() + 5,
w.getAbsoluteTop()
+ w.getOffsetHeight() + 5);
p.show();
}
});

clips.add(h);
}

public void onModuleLoad() {
Window.addWindowResizeListener(this);

clips.setWidth("100%");
clips.addStyleName("clips");

clips.add(new Label("Saved Clippings:"));

// Or configure inline
WebSearch ws = new WebSearch();
ws.setSiteRestriction("ajaxian.com");
ws.setUserDefinedLabel("Ajaxian");
ws.setResultSetSize(ResultSetSize.SMALL);

SearchControlOptions options = new SearchControlOptions();

// We can use custom subclasses
options.add(new GoogleCodeWebSearch(), ExpandMode.OPEN);

options.add(ws);
options.add(new NewsSearch());
options.add(new VideoSearch(), ExpandMode.CLOSED);
options.setKeepLabel(KeepLabel.SAVE);
options.setLinkTarget(LinkTarget.BLANK);

SearchControl searchControl = new SearchControl(options);
searchControl.addKeepListener(this);
searchControl.addSearchListener(this);
searchControl.execute("Google Web Toolkit");

clips.setWidth("200px");
hp.add(clips);
hp.add(searchControl);
RootPanel.get().add(hp, 5, 5);
onWindowResized(Window.getClientWidth(),
Window.getClientHeight());
}

/**
* This is just to show that the concrete returned types are those
defined
* in the API.
*/
public void onSearchResult(Search search, Result result) {
System.out.println("The result is a " +
result.getClass().getName());
}

public void onWindowResized(int width, int height) {
hp.setPixelSize(width - 30, height - 30);
}
}

Host.html

<head>

<!-- -->
<!-- Any title is fine -->
<!-- -->
<title>Wrapper HTML for GSearch</title>

<!-- -->
<!-- Use normal html, such as style -->
<!-- -->
body,td,a,div,.p{font-family:arial,sans-serif}
div,td{color:#000000}
a:link,.w,.w a:link{color:#0000cc}
a:visited{color:#551a8b}
a:active{color:#ff0000}

<!-- -->
<!-- This script loads your compiled module. -->
<!-- If you add any GWT meta tags, they must -->
<!-- be added before this line. -->
<!-- -->
</head>

<!-- -->
<!-- The body can have arbitrary html, or -->
<!-- you can leave the body empty if you want -->
<!-- to create a completely dynamic ui -->
<!-- -->

<!-- OPTIONAL: include this if you want history support -->
<iframe src="javascript:''" id="__gwt_historyFrame" style="width:
0;height:0;border:0"></iframe>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"
src="com.goog.GSearch.nocache.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google.com/jsapi?
key=ABQIAAAA1DYB-gtW1-xyz"></script>

On Jul 16, 8:11 pm, "Eric Ayers" <zun...@google.com> wrote:
> GWTBridget.java should be there in:
>
> ./dev/core/super/com/google/gwt/core/client/GWTBridge.java
>
> (although this is a relatively new class.)
>
> For gwt-ajaxsearch - are you using the r290 release or something else?
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/list?can=1
>
> I think if you could provide a small reproducible sample that would be the
> best thing, otherwise, I'm just guessing!
>
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Ghostcoder <thanneer.ma...@gmail.com>
> >http://code.google.com/docreader/#p(gwt-google-apis)s(gwt-google-apis.<http://code.google.com/docreader/#p%28gwt-google-apis%29s%28gwt-googl....>
> > .<
> >http://code.google.com/docreader/#p%28gwt-google-apis%29s%28gwt-googl....

Ghostcoder

Jul 16, 2008, 12:40:17 PM7/16/08
to Google Web Toolkit
I am working on windows vista with IE 7 does that cause any problem

On Jul 16, 8:11 pm, "Eric Ayers" <zun...@google.com> wrote:
> GWTBridget.java should be there in:
>
> ./dev/core/super/com/google/gwt/core/client/GWTBridge.java
>
> (although this is a relatively new class.)
>
> For gwt-ajaxsearch - are you using the r290 release or something else?
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/list?can=1
>
> I think if you could provide a small reproducible sample that would be the
> best thing, otherwise, I'm just guessing!
>
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Ghostcoder <thanneer.ma...@gmail.com>

Eric Ayers

Jul 16, 2008, 2:34:33 PM7/16/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I reproduced the problem using your code.

1) You are loading the search API in both the .html file and in the .gwt.xml file.  You only need to do it in one place.

2) You have the loaded the Search API using the newer 'common loader method'.  That does not yet work with these APIs.  See the instructions below for using the 'uds' style URL to load the API:

  http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/wiki/GettingStartedAJAXSearch

e.g.

http://www.google.com/uds/api?file=uds.js&amp;v=1.0&amp;gwt=1&amp;key=ABQIAAAA1DYB-gtW1-xyz

Ghostcoder

Jul 16, 2008, 3:06:47 PM7/16/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Bingo !! u got it.

It works :) what a silly mistake.

Thanks a lot for helping me solve this issue ,I really appreciate it.