Difficult running a GWTTestCase

A2Person1978

Sep 12, 2010, 3:37:55 PM9/12/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

I seek advice and help getting my first GWTTestCase running within
Eclipse.

I generated a new web application with the Eclipse GWT/Google App
Engine plug ins. I created a module and am having difficulty getting
my first GWTTestCase to run. I get the following error when I execute
the GWTTestCase within Eclipse, which states my test case is not in
the class path.

com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitFatalLaunchException: The test class
'com.myapp.client.MyAppTest' was not found in module
'com.myapp.MyApp'; no compilation unit for that type was seen

I am confused by this error, since I placed the test class in the
generated "com.MyApp.client" package. My gwt.xml is also generated by
Eclipse and contains the <source path='client'/> entry it in, so I
need further help understanding why my GWTUnitTest won't run.

My application runs as expected in hosted mode and when deployed. I
want to start writing unit tests and need help. What am I missing?

MyAppTest.java
-----
package com.myapp.client;

import com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase;

public class MyAppTest extends GWTTestCase {

@Override
public String getModuleName() {
return "com.myapp.MyApp";
}

public void testLoadMyAppProcedure() {
MyApp module = new MyApp();
module.loadMyAppProcedure();
}
}

Eclipse JUnit Error
-----
com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitFatalLaunchException: The test class
'com.myapp.client.MyAppTest' was not found in module
'com.myapp.MyApp'; no compilation unit for that type was seen
at
com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.checkTestClassInCurrentModule(JUnitShell.java:
605)
at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.runTestImpl(JUnitShell.java:1189)
at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.runTestImpl(JUnitShell.java:1152)
at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.runTest(JUnitShell.java:541)
at com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase.runTest(GWTTestCase.java:
406)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
at com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase.run(GWTTestCase.java:282)
at
org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.java:
83)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:
49)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:
38)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:
467)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:
683)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:
390)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:
197)

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideTesting.html

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/articles/testing_methodologies_using_gwt.html

Arthur Kalmenson

Sep 24, 2010, 3:34:37 PM9/24/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
If you're running the test directly through Eclipse, what I've found
that you have to do is to edit your test configuration and add all
your source folders to the classpath.

--
Arthur Kalmenson