Failed startup of context com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.DevAppEngineWebAppContext

bt

May 5, 2009, 3:07:50 AM5/5/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I tried using GWT1.6 and created a project using GWT eclipse plug-in
ans added the project to CVS. I am not able to launch the project any
more. I am able to run the actual project which is not checked into
CVS. I get the following error:

May 4, 2009 11:49:40 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
warn
WARNING: Failed startup of context
com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.DevAppEngineWebAppContext@79c21f{/,E:
\BytetheoryProject\Bytetheory\war}
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:133)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:97)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.TagLibConfiguration.configureWebApp
(TagLibConfiguration.java:171)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext
(WebAppContext.java:1215)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart
(ContextHandler.java:500)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:
448)
at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start
(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart
(HandlerWrapper.java:117)
at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start
(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart
(HandlerWrapper.java:117)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:217)
at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start
(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.JettyContainerService.startContainer
(JettyContainerService.java:147)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.AbstractContainerService.startup
(AbstractContainerService.java:115)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerImpl.start
(DevAppServerImpl.java:205)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.gwt.AppEngineLauncher.start
(AppEngineLauncher.java:86)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.doStartUpServer(HostedMode.java:365)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.startUp(HostedModeBase.java:590)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.run(HostedModeBase.java:397)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.main(HostedMode.java:232)
The server is running at http://localhost:8080/

Miguel Méndez

May 5, 2009, 8:53:01 AM5/5/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
The project stopped working when you checked it into CVS, but it worked prior to that?  It looks like something is confusing the taglibrary configuration code in jetty.  Specifically, it sees a file that has the jar extension but it does not appear to be a valid jar.  Did you commit any jars into CVS?
--
Miguel

Rajeev Dayal

May 5, 2009, 11:03:21 AM5/5/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, in my old CVS days, I remember that you had to ensure that binary jars that you check into CVS are explicitly tagged as binary. If not, they can get corrupted when checked out. Check out the following CVS doc:

http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.11.23/cvs_9.html#SEC79

bt

May 6, 2009, 1:51:42 AM5/6/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I got it working. the issue was with the binary files I added to the
CVS. Now I am able to get it working by adding only java file to the
cvs
Thanks for the help.
BT