beta eclipse plugin - running in noserver mode with tomcat - having troubles

已查看 189 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月10日 10:49:252010/3/10
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
Keith,

I'm trying to run our app using the eclipse beta plugin. I'm not
sure if I have things configured correctly.

The tree for our app is like:

src\main\java\com\test\gwt\App.gwt.xml
src\main\java\com\test\gwt\client\Application.java
src\main\webapp\
src\main\webapp\WEB-INF
src\main\webapp\WEB-INF\classes
src\main\webapp\WEB-INF\lib
src\test\java\

The setup for the google web toolkit is:

Web Application
X This project has a WAR directory (checked)
WAR Directory: src/main/webapp
[ ] Launch and deploy from this directory (unchecked) I've
tried it checked as well

Web Toolkit
GWT 2.0.3

In the Debug Configuration:

Main
Project
testproject
Main class
com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode
Server
[ ] Run built-in server (unchecked)

GWT (defaults)
Available Modules
Application - com.test.gwt

Arguments
Program Arguments
-war C:\work\workspace\testproject\src\main\webapp -remoteUI $
{gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id} -logLevel INFO -noserver -
startupUrl http://localhost:8080/testproject/index.html
com.test.gwt.Application

When I set a breakpoint in my client code... it doesn't recognize that
the code is loaded. I get this in the error console:

Exception in thread "Code server for Application from Mozilla/5.0
(Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/
3.5.8 on http://localhost:8080/testproject/index.html?gwt.codesvr=localhost:9997
@ ;bm'fwKmW~\.LHz1" java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport$RequestException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.ViewerServiceClient.waitForResponse(ViewerServiceClient.java:
309)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.ViewerServiceClient.createLogger(ViewerServiceClient.java:
268)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.ViewerServiceClient.addModuleLog(ViewerServiceClient.java:
167)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.RemoteUI.getModuleLogger(RemoteUI.java:
75)
at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase
$UiBrowserWidgetHostImpl.createModuleLogger(DevModeBase.java:85)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:
173)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:
380)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:
222)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport$RequestException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:205)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.ViewerServiceClient.waitForResponse(ViewerServiceClient.java:
307)
... 8 more
Caused by: com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport
$RequestException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport.processFailure(MessageTransport.java:
371)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport.processMessage(MessageTransport.java:
389)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport.access
$400(MessageTransport.java:45)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.MessageTransport
$2.run(MessageTransport.java:309)
... 1 more

I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

Also, what does this parameter (-remoteUI ${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:
${unique_id}) do?

Brian

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月10日 11:39:462010/3/10
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
OK, it looks like the -noserver doesn't get injected into the debug
configuration based on any of the GWT Toolkit settings. I don't have
it working yet, but I've tried:

-remoteUI ${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id} -startupUrl
http://localhost:8080:/testproject/loganalyzer.html -logLevel INFO -
noserver -war C:\work\workspace-galileo\testproject\src\main\webapp
com.test.gwt.Application

I get:

11:38:22.194 [ERROR] [Application] Failed to load module 'Application'
from user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:
1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8' at localhost:4767
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:
reportUnusedDeclaredThrownExceptionIncludeDocCommentReference
at
com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler.getCompilerOptions(JdtCompiler.java:
310)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler
$CompilerImpl.<init>(JdtCompiler.java:148)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler.doCompile(JdtCompiler.java:
466)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder
$CompileMoreLater.compile(CompilationStateBuilder.java:142)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.doBuildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:
281)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.buildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:
182)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDef.getCompilationState(ModuleDef.java:
280)
at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase
$UiBrowserWidgetHostImpl.createModuleSpaceHost(DevModeBase.java:99)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:
180)

at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:
380)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:
222)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

It would be nice to have an option to use existing server (which would
inject the -noserver option)

Also, the performance of the DebugConfiguration screen while I'm
typing is really slow... I suspect there is parsing going on? I saw
that you have to click apply before running debug, but is there
anything else?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

> startupUrlhttp://localhost:8080/testproject/index.html

> com.test.gwt.Application
>
> When I set a breakpoint in my client code... it doesn't recognize that
> the code is loaded.  I get this in the error console:
>
> Exception in thread "Code server for Application from Mozilla/5.0
> (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/

> 3.5.8 onhttp://localhost:8080/testproject/index.html?gwt.codesvr=localhost:9997

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月10日 13:18:352010/3/10
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
I'm trying to futz with the classpath. Based on this link:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=3&ved=0CBAQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fosdir.com%2Fml%2FGoogle-Web-Toolkit%2F2009-11%2Fmsg01366.html&ei=YOKXS57fKMyztgfEr83kAQ&usg=AFQjCNGgNeNStK2IajqxWTdSYoEfJU47tg&sig2=7INbMDSFfWNrcyKbyjoNaQ

Brian

On Mar 10, 11:39 am, bkbonner <brian.bon...@paraware.com> wrote:
> OK, it looks like the -noserver doesn't get injected into the debug
> configuration based on any of the GWT Toolkit settings.   I don't have
> it working yet, but I've tried:
>

> -remoteUI ${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id} -startupUrlhttp://localhost:8080:/testproject/loganalyzer.html-logLevel INFO -

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月10日 13:21:192010/3/10
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
Looks like moving GWT SDK 2.0.3 to the top of the Java Build Path
(Order and Export) did the trick. That was frustrating -- any way of
giving a better message to devs about that?

Brian

On Mar 10, 1:18 pm, bkbonner <brian.bon...@paraware.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to futz with the classpath.  Based on this link:http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=3&ved=0CBAQFjAC&u...

> Brian
>
> On Mar 10, 11:39 am, bkbonner <brian.bon...@paraware.com> wrote:
>
> > OK, it looks like the -noserver doesn't get injected into the debug
> > configuration based on any of the GWT Toolkit settings.   I don't have
> > it working yet, but I've tried:
>

> > -remoteUI ${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id} -startupUrlhttp://localhost:8080:/testproject/loganalyzer.html-logLevelINFO -

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月10日 13:44:492010/3/10
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
Oh, this is painful. Definitely passed the 15 min test.

13:25:15.450 [DEBUG] [Application] Rebinding
com.test.gwt.client.ActivityLogView.ActivityLogViewUiBinder
13:25:15.465 [DEBUG] [Application] Invoking
com.google.gwt.dev.javac.StandardGeneratorContext@9647d6
13:25:15.543 [ERROR] [Application] Unexpected text in <ui:UiBinder
xmlns:g='urn:import:com.google.gwt.user.client.ui'
xmlns:ui='urn:ui:com.google.gwt.uibinder'>: "&gt;"
13:25:15.590 [ERROR] [Application] Deferred binding failed for
'com.test.gwt.client.ActivityLogView.ActivityLogViewUiBinder'; expect
subsequent failures

13:25:15.747 [ERROR] [Application] Failed to create an instance of
'com.test.gwt.client.ActivityLogView' via deferred binding
java.lang.RuntimeException: Deferred binding failed for
'com.test.gwt.client.ActivityLogView$ActivityLogViewUiBinder' (did you
forget to inherit a required module?)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTBridgeImpl.create(GWTBridgeImpl.java:43)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(GWT.java:98)
at
com.test.gwt.client.ActivityLogView.<clinit>(ActivityLogView.java:19)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.loadClassFromSourceName(ModuleSpace.java:
580)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:
415)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTBridgeImpl.create(GWTBridgeImpl.java:39)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(GWT.java:98)
at com.test.gwt.client.Application.onModuleLoad(Application.java:
24)
at
39)
at
25)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:
369)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:
185)

at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:
380)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:
222)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Caused by: com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see
previous log entries)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebind(ModuleSpace.java:
541)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:
414)
[...]

13:25:15.809 [DEBUG] [Application] Rebinding
com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.SchedulerImpl
13:25:15.809 [WARN] [Application] For the following type(s), generated
source was never committed (did you forget to call commit()?)
13:25:15.840 [WARN] [Application]
com.test.gwt.client.ActivityLogView_ActivityLogViewUiBinderImpl

13:25:15.981 [ERROR] [Application] Unable to load module entry point
class com.test.gwt.client.Application (see associated exception for
details)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Deferred binding failed for
'com.test.gwt.client.ActivityLogView' (did you forget to inherit a
[...]

449)
[...]

13:25:16.012 [ERROR] [Application] Failed to load module 'Application'

from user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:

1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8' at localhost:1792

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月10日 13:55:172010/3/10
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
Gosh darn it. I must have hit an extra '>' in the
ActivityLogView.ui.xml file. criminy.

Sorry folks. Still having trouble:

13:48:07.582 [ERROR] [Application] Failed to create an instance of
'com.test.gwt.client.ActivityLogView' via deferred binding
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/google/gwt/core/client/Scheduler,
method: <init> signature: ()V) Illegal constant pool index
at
com.google.gwt.dom.client.StyleInjector.schedule(StyleInjector.java:
389)
at
com.google.gwt.dom.client.StyleInjector.inject(StyleInjector.java:382)
at
com.google.gwt.dom.client.StyleInjector.inject(StyleInjector.java:222)
at
com.google.gwt.dom.client.StyleInjector.inject(StyleInjector.java:208)
at
com.test.gwt.client.com_test_gwt_client_ActivityLogView_ActivityLogViewUiBinderImpl_GenBundle_default_InlineClientBundleGenerator
$1.ensureInjected(com_test_gwt_client_ActivityLogView_ActivityLogViewUiBinderImpl_GenBundle_default_InlineClientBundleGenerator.java:
14)
at
com.test.gwt.client.ActivityLogView_ActivityLogViewUiBinderImpl.createAndBindUi(ActivityLogView_ActivityLogViewUiBinderImpl.java:
25)
at
com.test.gwt.client.ActivityLogView_ActivityLogViewUiBinderImpl.createAndBindUi(ActivityLogView_ActivityLogViewUiBinderImpl.java:
1)
at com.test.gwt.client.ActivityLogView.<init>(ActivityLogView.java:
28)
Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:
422)

It looks like it's similar to: http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=4254,
but I'm running 2.0.3. I found that link here:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/TroubleshootingOOPHM

The eclipse plugin has one. I'm beaten into submission. Giving up
for now.

Brian

> read more »

Keith Platfoot

未读,
2010年3月11日 14:41:072010/3/11
收件人 google-we...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

I think the issues you were having with adding the -noserver argument to your launch configuration were probably the result of a known issue with the Eclipse plugin 1.3 preview (check the 1.3 announcement email for details).  This has since been fixed, so once 1.3 final is released (probably next week), this particular problem should be resolved.

Regarding the NoSuchFieldError exception: I have hit this same bug when using GWT with a Tomcat server in Eclipse for Java EE.  My solution was the same: moving the GWT dependencies to the top of the project's build classpath.  I'll investigate to see if there is something we can do to help prevent this problem.

As for the UiBinder errors, I probably would not be of much help there.  I'll forward this email to someone who's more knowledgeable about the subject.

Keith

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月12日 10:13:452010/3/12
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
Hi, Keith.

Yes, i was wondering if that was the case. I hope that the plugin
just includes the -noserver configuration as part of it.

The UIBinder error makes it seem like the xml code is not being
recognized by OOPHM when it's trying to run.

Thanks for getting back to me. I hope someone can give me some help
with this. In the meantime, I've been using the plugin in a separate
project (no Maven or special config) and running it out of jetty and
it seems to work pretty well.

Another option I have is to get things running in jetty -- are there
any tips on configuring the embedded jetty instance to support a
server -- or should I shy away from that?

I'm looking for the fastest way to get up and running and it seemed
like it was to have my app running in tomcat and run the OOPHM using
jetty with -noserver. Any advice would be appreciated.

Brian

On Mar 11, 2:41 pm, Keith Platfoot <kplatf...@google.com> wrote:
> Brian,
>
> I think the issues you were having with adding the -noserver argument to
> your launch configuration were probably the result of a known issue with the
> Eclipse plugin 1.3 preview (check the 1.3 announcement email for details).
>  This has since been fixed, so once 1.3 final is released (probably next
> week), this particular problem should be resolved.
>
> Regarding the NoSuchFieldError exception: I have hit this same bug when
> using GWT with a Tomcat server in Eclipse for Java EE.  My solution was the
> same: moving the GWT dependencies to the top of the project's build
> classpath.  I'll investigate to see if there is something we can do to help
> prevent this problem.
>
> As for the UiBinder errors, I probably would not be of much help there.
>  I'll forward this email to someone who's more knowledgeable about the
> subject.
>
> Keith
>

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:39 AM, bkbonner <brian.bon...@paraware.com>wrote:
>
> > OK, it looks like the -noserver doesn't get injected into the debug
> > configuration based on any of the GWT Toolkit settings.   I don't have
> > it working yet, but I've tried:
>
> > -remoteUI ${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id} -startupUrl

> >http://localhost:8080:/testproject/loganalyzer.html-logLevel INFO -

> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月12日 13:06:522010/3/12
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
I suspect this is a classloader thing, but I'm not sure how to resolve
it.

when I run WTP tomcat server and look at the WEB-INF/lib directory

I have:

gwt-servlet-2.0.3.jar
gwt-servlet.jar
gwt-soyc-vis-2.0.3.jar
gwt-user-2.0.3.jar

Do all of these need to be there in the WAR?

I thought only a single gwt-servlet had to be out there. These are
all out there because I'm using m2eclipse and these are defined to be
exported in the Java EE Module section of the project preferences
(what JARs are placed in WEB-INF/lib).

I suspect this is part of the problem, but I can't say for certain.

Brian

> > >http://localhost:8080:/testproject/loganalyzer.html-logLevelINFO -

Keith Platfoot

未读,
2010年3月12日 13:43:582010/3/12
收件人 google-we...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

You're correct that your WEB-INF/lib should only require one gwt-servlet.jar.  The others (gwt-user, gwt-soyc-vis) are only used at compile-time, so there's no need to deploy them with your WAR file.

Also, using Tomcat with -noserver seems like the right approach to me.  It certainly should be easier than trying to rig the embedded Jetty instance to do what you want.

Keith

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月12日 13:57:482010/3/12
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
I got the other JARs removed. I changed the scope to provided and
they're gone, but the results are the same. :(

If you have any suggestions, they'd be appreciated.

I'll still plug away. If I pull out the UI Binder stuff it works
fine. I'll look at pulling another working example in.

Brian

13:45:30.618 [ERROR] [Application] Failed to create an instance of

at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:
380)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:
222)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

13:45:30.806 [ERROR] [Application] Unable to load module entry point

On Mar 12, 1:43 pm, Keith Platfoot <kplatf...@google.com> wrote:
> Brian,
>

> You're correct that your WEB-INF/lib should only require one
> gwt-servlet.jar.  The others (gwt-user, gwt-soyc-vis) are only used at
> compile-time, so there's no need to deploy them with your WAR file.
>
> Also, using Tomcat with -noserver seems like the right approach to me.  It
> certainly should be easier than trying to rig the embedded Jetty instance to
> do what you want.
>
> Keith

> read more »

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月12日 14:48:122010/3/12
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
Keith,

I was working to put together a sample of what I was seeing and I
think I figured out what was wrong. the ui.xml files don't get copied
over by default if they're in the src/main/java directories. they
have to be in src/main/resources, or the maven configuration has to be
changed to make this work. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty
sure that's the reason for the prior failures.

Brian

> read more »

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月12日 15:40:342010/3/12
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
Keith, I included the sample here:

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=4745

Brian

> read more »

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月15日 10:31:302010/3/15
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
Keith, I created a sample using only Eclipse and WTP and I experience
exactly the same problem where I get Illegal constant pool index.

i.e. I ruled out MAVEN from the picture. It receives the same error.
Were you able to involve someone from the UI Binder area to help
figure out what is going on??

Brian

> read more »

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月16日 12:59:502010/3/16
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
Keith, I figured out the problem. It turns out that the problem can
be reproduced when the Apache Tomcat 5.5.27 libraries are in the
classpath. They were inadvertently in the classpath as a runtime
dependency -- injected by WTP. When I pulled them OUT, it works fine.

That was a pain to figure out.

Brian

> read more »

Keith Platfoot

未读,
2010年3月16日 13:51:132010/3/16
收件人 google-we...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

Glad you figured that out.  I've been meaning to respond to your last couple of messages, but have been busy doing last-minute preparations for the official 1.3 launch.

Keith

> read more »

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月23日 17:55:132010/3/23
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
It looks like I actually had a conflict with a bad jar dependency
coming in from another dependency. I resolved it here:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/browse_thread/thread/9a43abaf2ad5d185#

On Mar 10, 12:39 pm, bkbonner <brian.bon...@paraware.com> wrote:
> OK, it looks like the -noserver doesn't get injected into the debug
> configuration based on any of the GWT Toolkit settings.   I don't have
> it working yet, but I've tried:
>

> -remoteUI ${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id} -startupUrlhttp://localhost:8080:/testproject/loganalyzer.html-logLevel INFO -

bkbonner

未读,
2010年3月23日 17:55:292010/3/23
收件人 Google Web Toolkit
Thanks. Yep, I'm rockin' now.

On Mar 16, 1:51 pm, Keith Platfoot <kplatf...@google.com> wrote:
> Brian,
>

> Glad you figured that out.  I've been meaning to respond to your last couple
> of messages, but have been busy doing last-minute preparations for the
> official 1.3 launch.
>
> Keith

> read more »

回复全部