Unable to load Mozilla for hosted mode

Michael Vogt

Apr 28, 2008, 6:00:55 AM4/28/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody.

Since I updated my system to Ubuntu 8.04, I get the following error when trying to start my GWT application in hosted mode:

** Unable to load Mozilla for hosted mode **
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/lib/gwt/mozilla-1.7.12/libxpcom.so: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
    at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:770)
    at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1005)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.moz.MozillaInstall.load(MozillaInstall.java:190)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.BootStrapPlatform.init(BootStrapPlatform.java:44)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.main(GWTShell.java:372)
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)

I checked that the file is there and accessible  (permissions are set to 644), and I did not find anything helpful in the logs.

Anything else I can do to find where the problem is?

I use GWT from the trunk

Thanks a lot,
Michael

Michael Vogt

Apr 28, 2008, 6:14:35 AM4/28/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I misread the error message. It turned out that I had to install
libstdc++5 (libstdc++6 is installed by default). After that, it seems
to work.

Sorry for the noise.

Thanks,
Michael Vogt

John Soares

May 1, 2008, 10:14:07 AM5/1/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Do not sorry Michael, I lost one day trying to find out the solution
to my problem, and thanks to your 'simple' post, everything is working
fine now.

Thanks for you post!!!!

On 28 abr, 07:14, "Michael Vogt" <quickm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I misread the error message. It turned out that I had to install
> libstdc++5 (libstdc++6 is installed by default). After that, it seems
> to work.
>
> Sorry for the noise.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael Vogt