GWTCompiler Launch problem (Eclipse Plugin)

bosakm

Dec 16, 2009, 10:48:40 PM12/16/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I started getting the following error when I try to launch the
GWTCompiler from RAD 7.5. The weird thing is that it worked the night
before.

Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP75\runtimes\base_v61\java
\jre\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "C:\workspaces\RAD7.5\milcvs1-HEAD-
GWT\carenet-lexar"): CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is
incorrect.

Here's the appropriate entry from the Eclipse log:
!ENTRY com.google.gwt.eclipse.core 4 0 2009-12-16 21:45:37.997
!MESSAGE Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP75\runtimes
\base_v61\java\jre\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "C:\workspaces
\RAD7.5\milcvs1-HEAD-GWT\carenet-lexar"): CreateProcess error=87, The
parameter is incorrect.
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\IBM
\SDP75\runtimes\base_v61\java\jre\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "C:
\workspaces\RAD7.5\milcvs1-HEAD-GWT\carenet-lexar"): CreateProcess
error=87, The parameter is incorrect.
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
at
com.google.gdt.eclipse.core.ProcessUtilities.launchProcessAndWaitFor
(Unknown Source)
at com.google.gwt.eclipse.core.compile.GWTCompileRunner.compile
(Unknown Source)
at com.google.gwt.eclipse.core.actions.GWTCompileToolbarAction
$1.runInWorkspace(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run
(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=87, The parameter
is incorrect.
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
... 6 more

Miguel Méndez

Dec 18, 2009, 10:30:20 AM12/18/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I've seen this problem on Windows when a classpath gets too long.  How big is your eclipse project's build path?

Miguel

bosakm

Dec 18, 2009, 5:36:07 PM12/18/09
to Google Web Toolkit
It's real big. I'm getting around it right now by adding an ANT build
task to the War project's list of builders.

On Dec 18, 9:30 am, Miguel Méndez <mmen...@google.com> wrote:
> I've seen this problem on Windows when a classpath gets too long.  How big
> is your eclipse project's build path?
>

> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

bosakm

Dec 18, 2009, 5:38:56 PM12/18/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Part 2:

It would be nice, when launching the GWTCompiler in the plugin, to be
able to specify the specific jars/directories for it to use (similar
to being able to specify the classpath in an ANT script).

On Dec 18, 9:30 am, Miguel Méndez <mmen...@google.com> wrote:

> I've seen this problem on Windows when a classpath gets too long.  How big
> is your eclipse project's build path?
>

> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Miguel Méndez

Dec 21, 2009, 10:49:35 AM12/21/09