Upgrade 1.5.3 to 1.7.1

Vince

Nov 10, 2009, 5:26:20 PM11/10/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello,

I am thinking of upgrading to version 1.7.1 from 1.5.3... I read the
"Getting Started" guide for 1.7.1 and it seems that a considerable
amount of change has taken place in terms of the base GWT project's
structure and the means to deploy it, e.g. The utilization of Ant.

Can anyone provide a kind of checklist to follow as guide to this
task? I would appreciate the assistance...

Thanks,
Vince

Thomas Broyer

Nov 10, 2009, 7:33:29 PM11/10/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Something like this?
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/ReleaseNotes_1_6.html#Upgrading

(path: what's new in 1.7.1 -> how to upgrade -> 1.6 release notes ->
how to upgrade)

SmartKiller

Nov 11, 2009, 5:46:44 AM11/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I have successfully migrated to ver 1.7.1 from 1.5.3 .... start with
the GWT 1.6 release note. Whatever problem you face i will be here.

Vince

Nov 11, 2009, 10:13:27 AM11/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
SmartKiller : Thank you... I will surely turn to this board if I get
tied along the process. I greatly appreciate the help.
> > Vince- Hide quoted text -

Vince

Nov 11, 2009, 10:14:17 AM11/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Thomas : Thank you for the tip... I greatly appreciate the assistance.

On Nov 10, 7:33 pm, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 nov, 23:26, Vince <vicenci...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I am thinking of upgrading to version 1.7.1 from 1.5.3... I read the
> > "Getting Started" guide for 1.7.1 and it seems that a considerable
> > amount of change has taken place in terms of the base GWT project's
> > structure and the means to deploy it, e.g. The utilization of Ant.
>
> > Can anyone provide a kind of checklist to follow as guide to this
> > task? I would appreciate the assistance...
>
> Something like this?http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/ReleaseNotes_1_6.html#Upgra...

Vince

Nov 11, 2009, 10:46:00 AM11/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
SmartKiller : Is the /war directory name fixed or can it be renamed to
something like /web?

Olivier

Nov 11, 2009, 10:47:43 AM11/11/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
You can specify the war directory with the option -war when using
DevMode or compiling.

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/FAQ_DebuggingAndCompiling.html#What_are_the_options_that_can_be_passed_to_hosted_mode
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/FAQ_DebuggingAndCompiling.html#What_are_the_options_that_can_be_passed_to_the_compiler
--

Olivier
Digiworks

Política de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal
En cumplimiento de la Ley Orgánica 15/1999, de 13 de diciembre, sobre
protección de Datos de Carácter Personal (LOPD) DIGIWORKS SPAIN, S.L.
informa a los usuarios de que:

Los Datos de Carácter Personal que recoge son objeto de tratamiento
automatizado y se incorporan en los ficheros correspondientes,
debidamente registrados en la Agencia Española de Protección de Datos.
El usuario podrá, en todo momento, ejercitar los derechos reconocidos
en la LOPD, de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y oposición. El
ejercicio de estos derechos puede realizarlo el propio usuario mediante
comunicación escrita en la siguiente dirección postal:

DIGIWORKS SPAIN, S.L.
AVDA SAN RAFAEL, 11, LOCAL 2
03580 ALFAZ DEL PI
ALICANTE

También pueden ejercitar estos derechos en los términos que la normativa
aplicable establece y que puede consultar en www.agpd.es.

Vince

Nov 11, 2009, 11:52:32 AM11/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks, Olivier...

On Nov 11, 10:47 am, Olivier <oliv...@digiworks.es> wrote:
> You can specify the war directory with the option -war when using
> DevMode or compiling.
>
> http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/FAQ_DebuggingAndCompiling.h...http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/FAQ_DebuggingAndCompiling.h...
> aplicable establece y que puede consultar enwww.agpd.es.- Hide quoted text -

Vince

Nov 11, 2009, 2:33:33 PM11/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Phase : Change version 1.5.3 - 1.6.4

I'm in the process of changing the compilation build script from using
GWTCompile to Compile and I am encountering a StackOverFlow error on
my code. This error didn't use to be thrown when using version
1.5.3...

Does anybody have any idea on where this error could be originating
from? A concept change perhaps from 1.5.3... The only clue I have is
that it's coming from an ArrayList invocation.

Thanks,
Vince

P.S. Here's a few iterations of the stack trace of that exception...

[ERROR] Unexpected internal compiler error
java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$HandleTable.hash(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$HandleTable.lookup(Unknown
Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(Unknown
Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Unknown
Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.writeObject(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor53.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(Unknown Source)
[...]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)...

On Nov 11, 10:47 am, Olivier <oliv...@digiworks.es> wrote:
> You can specify the war directory with the option -war when using
> DevMode or compiling.
>
> http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/FAQ_DebuggingAndCompiling.h...http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/FAQ_DebuggingAndCompiling.h...
> aplicable establece y que puede consultar enwww.agpd.es.- Hide quoted text -

Vince

Nov 11, 2009, 3:23:00 PM11/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello,

Is this script correct?

@java -Xmx256M -cp "%~dp0\src;%~dp0\web\WEB-INF\classes;C:\workspace
\env\GWT 1.6.4\gwt-windows-1.6.4\gwt-user.jar;C:\workspace\env\GWT
1.6.4\gwt-windows-1.6.4\gwt-dev-windows.jar"
com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler -war "%~dp0\www" %*
com.timelink.falco.wui.wuigwt.TestApp

Thanks,
Vince
> >http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/FAQ_DebuggingAndCompiling.h......
> > aplicable establece y que puede consultar enwww.agpd.es.-Hide quoted text -

tskaife

Nov 11, 2009, 4:50:04 PM11/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
There was an issue like that in 1.6 which I think has been fixed in
1.7

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=3510

try adding -Xss1024k
> > > aplicable establece y que puede consultar enwww.agpd.es.-Hidequoted text -

Vince

Nov 11, 2009, 5:08:13 PM11/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello tskaife,

Yep! I just figured it out... I did insert the java thread size
specifier, e.g. -Xss16M. Is that overkill?

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback... Appreciate it. Now I'm back on
track.

Thanks,
Vince

Vince

Nov 20, 2009, 1:52:28 PM11/20/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Just wanted to thank the people who gave pointers on this subject.

To : Thomas Broyer, SmartKiller, Olivier and tskaife... Help is
greatly appreciated!

My work is now running on top of GWT 1.7.1.

Thanks a Million,
Vince