GWT 1.7.1 don't show app in hosted mode (Jetty bug: FULL head)

lain

Oct 10, 2009, 8:07:43 AM10/10/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Two days ago I
- set up a last version of Eclipse (eclipse-jee-galileo, v 3.5)
- install plugins: App Engine SDK (1.2.5) and GWT SDK (gwt 1.7.1)
- add library GXT 2.0.1

Using this tools, I start developing web-app. First time it works
fine, but yesterday it unexpectedly fails!!! Hosted browser shows only
html-page and don't display any gwt-widgets!

______Error message is next:

"The server is running at http://localhost:51203/
10.10.2009 11:56:37 com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger warn
WARNING: handle failed
java.io.IOException: FULL head
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:276)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:205)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run
(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run
(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)"

______I try to fix this bug:
- clear cookies
- change IDE
- i even tried to enlarge the size of the header buffer and added the
following lines in my app-sourses:
import org.mortbay.jetty.Connector;
import org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection;
// in EntryPoint, onModuleLoad()
Connector c = HttpConnection.getCurrentConnection().getConnector();
c.setHeaderBufferSize(8*1024);

______All this methods don't work! I limit my ideas how to fix the bug
=(
Could you please help me?

Rajeev Dayal

Oct 12, 2009, 6:45:35 PM10/12/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
What OS are you running on?

My suspicion is that there is some sort of cookie problem (though I know that you tried to clear your cookies). Do you know if GXT sets some sort of cookie? Is your application code setting cookies? How did you try and clear the cookies?

lain

Oct 13, 2009, 1:55:57 PM10/13/09
to Google Web Toolkit
OS is Windows Vista (Business edition).

> Do you know if GXT sets some sort of
> cookie? Is your application code setting cookies?

I don't work with cookies in code, my task can be made without low-
level programming.
In general, I did not expect that I will configure jetty... But... It
is demonstation of the law of leaky abstractions in action. =/

> How did you try and clear the cookies?
I clear folder "Cookies" in my OS.
Then I clear cookies, using GUI of browsers that installed in the OS.
Finally, I drop eclipse workspace (eclipse possibly saves wrong
cookies in workspace.. right?) and recreate it.

Could you tell me where I made a mistake? How can I fix this?

Rajeev Dayal

Oct 14, 2009, 1:58:06 PM10/14/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
As an FYI, I think the default buffer size on Jetty 6 is 8k, so your current setting will not change anything. However, you should really not need to modify Jetty's parameters in this way. Do you have any idea as to why your request header could be more than 8k in size?

Can you compile your app, and then use FireFox with Firebug, and post your HTTP Request header (maybe attach it as a text file, if it is indeed 8k+).

lain

Oct 17, 2009, 5:47:57 AM10/17/09
to Google Web Toolkit
> My suspicion is that there is some sort of cookie problem
You are completely right.

Now my application works fine without any configurations (because
cookies expiration date has come, I think), so this bug was really a
problem with cookies.
But this problem may occur again in the future. =(

If you know where the hosted browser stores cookies, could you tell
me? Probably, they were not stored in those directories, which I
cleaned.

On 14 окт, 21:58, Rajeev Dayal <rda...@google.com> wrote:
> As an FYI, I think the default buffer size on Jetty 6 is 8k, so your current
> setting will not change anything. However, you should really not need to
> modify Jetty's parameters in this way. Do you have any idea as to why your
> request header could be more than 8k in size?
> Can you compile your app, and then use FireFox with Firebug, and post your
> HTTP Request header (maybe attach it as a text file, if it is indeed 8k+).
> - Показать цитируемый текст -

Rajeev Dayal

Oct 28, 2009, 12:12:47 PM10/28/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hm, I would have expected that to work. Can you verify that when this problem happens, you have large cookies in the directories that you tried to clear?

I believe that the Vista cookies directory is:

C:\Users\ your user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies

Rodrigo

Nov 2, 2009, 11:45:23 PM11/2/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

Same here.

GXT does use cookies for storing theme related things.

See:
http://www.extjs.com/deploy/gxtdocs/com/extjs/gxt/ui/client/state/StateManager.html

It seems it is writing the cookies many times on the file
<user>@localhost[1].txt.

After deleting this file my application seems to work. I say "seems"
because there
is another error that looks like has nothing to do with the original
post.

[ERROR] Unable to load module entry point class com.xxx.App (see
associated exception for details)
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError):
'$doc.defaultView' is null or not an object
number: -2146823281
at
com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.core.impl.ComputedStyleImpl.getComputedStyle
(Native Method)
at
com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.core.impl.ComputedStyleImpl.getStyleAttribute
(ComputedStyleImpl.java:27)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.core.El.getStyleAttribute(El.java:1236)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.util.IconHelper.createStyle
(IconHelper.java:77)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.util.IconHelper.create(IconHelper.java:
107)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.util.IconHelper.create(IconHelper.java:93)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.button.Button.setIconStyle
(Button.java:357)
at com.xxx.App.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:104)
at com.xxx.App.onModuleLoad(App.java:27)

R.

On Oct 28, 1:12 pm, Rajeev Dayal <rda...@google.com> wrote:
> Hm, I would have expected that to work. Can you verify that when this
> problem happens, you have large cookies in the directories that you tried to
> clear?
>
> I believe that the Vista cookies directory is:
>
> C:\Users\ your user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies

Stephen Graham

Nov 15, 2009, 2:26:24 PM11/15/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I am getting a similar error:
Nov 15, 2009 7:24:24 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
info
INFO: jetty-6.1.x
Nov 15, 2009 7:24:25 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
info
INFO: Started SelectChann...@0.0.0.0:8080
The server is running at http://localhost:8080/
2009-11-15 14:24:25.396 java[58372:80f] [Java CocoaComponent
compatibility mode]: Enabled
2009-11-15 14:24:25.400 java[58372:80f] [Java CocoaComponent
compatibility mode]: Setting timeout for SWT to 0.100000
Nov 15, 2009 7:24:25 PM
com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.DevAppEngineWebAppContext
disableTransportGuarantee
INFO: Ignoring <transport-guarantee> for /* as the SDK does not
support HTTPS. It will still be used when you upload your
application.
Nov 15, 2009 7:24:25 PM
com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.AppEngineAuthentication
$AppEngineAuthenticator authenticate
INFO: Got /console.html but no one was logged in, redirecting.
Nov 15, 2009 7:24:27 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
[...]

I am running from Eclipse Galileo, on a Mac, GWT 1.7.1, GXT 2.0.1.

Does anyone know the name of the file that is keeping the cookies for
the hosted mode browser?

On Nov 2, 11:45 pm, Rodrigo <rodrigoglsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Same here.
>
> GXT does use cookies for storing theme related things.
>
> See:http://www.extjs.com/deploy/gxtdocs/com/extjs/gxt/ui/client/state/Sta...

Rajeev Dayal

Nov 16, 2009, 10:16:33 AM11/16/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
@Stephen: What platform are you on?

@Rodrigo: That sounds like a GXT-specific bug. Have you tried posting on their forum?

ipsonic

Nov 19, 2009, 5:23:44 PM11/19/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I am getting the same error when running in GWT hosted mode. The app
(GXT 2.0.1) runs fine on firefox. Where is this cookie file exactly,
I've looked around at the suggested location in this thread and cannot
find it?

-John

On Nov 16, 8:16 am, Rajeev Dayal <rda...@google.com> wrote:
> @Stephen: What platform are you on?
>
> @Rodrigo: That sounds like a GXT-specific bug. Have you tried posting on
> their forum?
>
> 2009/11/15 Stephen Graham <sggraha...@gmail.com>
>
> > I am getting a similar error:
> > Nov 15, 2009 7:24:24 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
> > info
> > INFO: jetty-6.1.x
> > Nov 15, 2009 7:24:25 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
> > info
> > INFO: Started SelectChannelConnec...@0.0.0.0:8080
> > The server is running athttp://localhost:8080/
> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Rajeev Dayal

Nov 24, 2009, 11:09:41 AM11/24/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
It depends on your OS. What OS are you using?