Problem upgrading to GWT 2.0

Cliff Newton

Jan 10, 2010, 10:07:22 PM1/10/10
to Google Web Toolkit
A couple of days ago I was reading about the numerous improvements to
GWT in 2.0. I set off to upgrade from 1.5.2 and I managed to get my
project running in 1.6.4 and from there I moved on to 2.0. The problem
I'm having is that my project runs fine in hosted mode, but when I try
to deploy my code to my server I get the following exception stack
upon making an RPC call to the server.

I did some searching and there are a few people reporting this problem
for various versions of GWT yet none of them have received a response
with a solution. I upgraded all of the gwt jar files on my server and
I still get this error. I'm at a loss, please help.

Jan 10, 2010 7:40:44 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext
log
SEVERE: Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:546)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamReader.extract
(ServerSerializati$
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamReader.readInt
(ServerSerializati$
at
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.impl.AbstractSerializationStreamReader.prepareToRead
(AbstractS$
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamReader.prepareToRead
(ServerSeria$
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.decodeRequest(RPC.java:
234)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall
(RemoteServiceServlet.java:163)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost
(RemoteServiceServlet.java:86)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
637)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
717)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:$
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke
(StandardWrapperValve.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
(StandardContextValve.java:183)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke
(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service
(CoyoteAdapter.java:325)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process
(Http11Processor.java:828)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:6$
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run
(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Chris Ramsdale

Jan 12, 2010, 12:24:35 PM1/12/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Before deploying the updated 2.0 code to your server, did you try deleting your war/<module> directory and recompiling? Also, is there anything significant about the objects you are passing over the wire?

- Chris