Managment of 2 Eclipse Projects with GWT

Christoph

Aug 8, 2007, 6:33:20 AM8/8/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello,

my Problem is: I want to use two Eclipse Projects. One Project is my
GWT GUI and in the other the domain model is implemented. The
standalone GWT Project is excuted well but when I install the Eclipse
dependency I get the follow message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/
juli/logging/LogFactory
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.<clinit>(StandardService.java:
56)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.tomcat.EmbeddedTomcatServer.<init>(EmbeddedTomcatServer.java:
189)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.tomcat.EmbeddedTomcatServer.start(EmbeddedTomcatServer.java:
62)
at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.startUp(GWTShell.java:742)
at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.run(GWTShell.java:539)
at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.main(GWTShell.java:321)

I think it is a classpath project. What is the background of this
failure? What must I do to solve this problem?

Christoph

Isaac Truett

Aug 8, 2007, 8:46:33 AM8/8/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
You have to add org.apache.juli.logging.LogFactory to your classpath.

Christoph

Aug 8, 2007, 9:57:57 AM8/8/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello,

in which jar is "org.apache.juli.logging.LogFactory " located?

I don't find it.

Christoph

On 8 Aug., 14:46, "Isaac Truett" <itru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You have to add org.apache.juli.logging.LogFactory to your classpath.
>

> On 8/8/07, Christoph <christoph.tho...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > my Problem is: I want to use two Eclipse Projects. One Project is my
> > GWT GUI and in the other the domain model is implemented. The
> > standalone GWT Project is excuted well but when I install the Eclipse
> > dependency I get the follow message:
>
> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/
> > juli/logging/LogFactory
> > at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.<clinit>(StandardService.java:
> > 56)
> > at

> > com.google.gwt.dev.shell.tomcat.EmbeddedTomcatServer.<init>(EmbeddedTomcatS­erver.java:
> > 189)
> > at
> > com.google.gwt.dev.shell.tomcat.EmbeddedTomcatServer.start(EmbeddedTomcatSe­rver.java:

> > 62)
> > at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.startUp(GWTShell.java:742)
> > at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.run(GWTShell.java:539)
> > at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.main(GWTShell.java:321)
>
> > I think it is a classpath project. What is the background of this
> > failure? What must I do to solve this problem?
>

> > Christoph- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Robert

Aug 8, 2007, 10:02:48 AM8/8/07
to Google Web Toolkit
I'm not 100% sure of your setup, but let me see if I can help.

I'm assuming the class in question is supposed to be translated. If
so, then the class must both be in your classpath and in the source
path for your module. Also, I have run into problems if my source
directories aren't part of my classpath. Those are my initial
thoughts, but I'm new to GWT and a little fuzzy on your setup.

Robert

Isaac Truett

Aug 8, 2007, 10:20:47 AM8/8/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
I don't know, off the top of my head.

Based on the information you have provided, I do know

1. It's in an Apache package.
2. It's used by a class in the Catalina package, which is Tomcat's
Servlet container.

You can either open up jars one by one looking for the class, or you
can try your luck with Google search.