JsValueGlue exceptions

Stephen Haberman

Dec 10, 2009, 1:38:49 PM12/10/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Using gwt2, I've started getting intermittent stack traces in
JsValueGlue. E.g.:

00:02:18.702 [ERROR] Uncaught exception escaped
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Something other than a Java object
was returned from JSNI method
'@com.google.gwt.dom.client.DOMImplMozilla::getInnerText(Lcom/google/
gwt/dom/client/Element;)': JS value of type boolean, expected
java.lang.Object
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JsValueGlue.get(JsValueGlue.java:178)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject
(ModuleSpace.java:266)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject
(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
at com.google.gwt.dom.client.DOMImplMozilla.getInnerText
(DOMImplMozilla.java)
at com.google.gwt.dom.client.Element$.getInnerText$(Element.java:
252)

00:07:56.117 [ERROR] Uncaught exception escaped
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.HostedModeException: Something other than a
boolean was returned from JSNI method
'@com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.SchedulerImpl$Task::isRepeating()':
JS value of type undefined, expected boolean
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JsValueGlue.get(JsValueGlue.java:100)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeBoolean
(ModuleSpace.java:181)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeBoolean
(JavaScriptHost.java:35)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.SchedulerImpl$Task$.isRepeating$
(SchedulerImpl.java)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.SchedulerImpl.runScheduledTasks
(SchedulerImpl.java:163)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.SchedulerImpl.flushFinallyCommands
(SchedulerImpl.java:268)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.exit(Impl.java:207)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:198)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:
103)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:
71)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke
(OophmSessionHandler.java:157)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel.reactToMessages
(BrowserChannel.java:1668)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection
(BrowserChannelServer.java:401)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run
(BrowserChannelServer.java:222)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I'm running gwt-2.0.0 on ubuntu with ff 3.5.5. I've reinstalled the ff
plugin several times (I had been using an older trunk one) but now I
have 1.0.7263 installed.

I really have no idea how to proceed here.

I set a debug point for HostedModeException--in SchedulerImpl:163, for
t.isRepeating() (in the 2nd stack trace), t was actually showing up as
null in the debugger. Which I'm guessing is just an artifact of it
being a js object because it wasn't NPEing but instead doing this
invokeNativeBoolean call.

Does this look like a ff plugin problem? A gwt problem? Any hints of
what I should look at/try next?

Thanks,
Stephen