New to GWT

SBTECH

Feb 10, 2008, 11:58:26 PM2/10/08
to Google Web Toolkit
I am new to the GWT. Have been a JSF developer for awhile. I am going
through the GWT in action book and working on the Dashboard exercise.
I am using Eclipse Europa 3.2. I am having problem when trying to
execute the application as described in the book. When I right click
the project and select RUN. I get an alert the says "Could not find
main class. Program will exit." Also the console displays the
following:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/gwt/util/tools/ToolBase
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "main"

I am I missing a jar file that has the ToolBase? Another interesting
thing is that I can run the application if I just double click on the
"Dashboard-shell.cmd" file. Any insightwould be appreciated. I really
would like to get through this book and get up to speed with GWT. JSF
is just not giving me everything my users want.

Thanks,
SBTECH

Adam T

Feb 11, 2008, 1:13:04 AM2/11/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

I can think of a couple of quick thing....

1) Did you use the -eclipse switch when using the GWT tools to create
the project?
2) If yes, try right click on your project and selecting "Run As...."
instead od Run directly. Then select the Dashboard project in the
list on the left of the dialog bos, on the first tab on the right
(Main) you should see the following in the Main class field:
com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell . Is so, now just click on Run and it
should work.

Hope that helps.

//Adam

vijay

Mar 28, 2009, 2:56:49 PM3/28/09
to SBTECH, Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I faced the same problem and figured out that the problem was PATH
variable which i set as environment variable, can you try removing/
correcting that variable if you have set that else check that the path
where you created your project is inside gwt directory