[ERROR] Failed to create an instance of 'com.pack.client.classname' via deferred binding

csplrj

Aug 18, 2007, 1:07:47 PM8/18/07
to Google Web Toolkit
I have the below 360th line in Echocardiogram.java where this error
occurs

PharmologicalExerciseNuclearStressTest.addIndividualHeader(flex,flexRowCount
++,0,"Indication");

Following is the error that comes when I try to see that Application

[ERROR] Failed to create an instance of
'com.interbroheart.client.Echocardiogram' via deferred binding
java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
PharmologicalExerciseNuclearStressTest cannot be resolved
PharmologicalExerciseNuclearStressTest cannot be resolved
PharmologicalExerciseNuclearStressTest cannot be resolved

at
com.interbroheart.client.Echocardiogram.constructor(Echocardiogram.java:
360)
at com.interbroheart.client.Echocardiogram.<init>(Echocardiogram.java:
258)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:
388)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:338)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserWidget.attachModuleSpace(BrowserWidget.java:
326)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.BrowserWidgetIE6.access
$200(BrowserWidgetIE6.java:36)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.BrowserWidgetIE6$External.gwtOnLoad(BrowserWidgetIE6.java:
70)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.BrowserWidgetIE6$External.invoke(BrowserWidgetIE6.java:
125)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.IDispatchImpl.Invoke(IDispatchImpl.java:
293)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ie.IDispatchImpl.method6(IDispatchImpl.java:
196)
at
org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COMObject.callback6(COMObject.java:
117)

What is the reason for this error?

Thanks in advance

CSJakharia

Reinier Zwitserloot

Aug 19, 2007, 2:49:05 PM8/19/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Well, the error says:

PharmologicalExerciseNuclearStressTest cannot be resolved

which is likely your problem. It's not inside the reachable code for
the GWT compiler/hosted mode browser.

Look up documentation on how <source> and <inherits> works, in
the .gwt.xml file format.

Addy Kapur

Isaac Truett

Aug 20, 2007, 8:09:22 AM8/20/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
I see this at runtime sometimes when Eclipse tries to compile and
hot-swap a class that I haven't finished editing. Usually the problem
is that I haven't added the imports yet. So, in addition to the
previous suggestions, make sure you are importing