GWT Test cases don't run with xerces in the web-app

GUI Newbie

May 1, 2009, 3:47:41 PM5/1/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I am developing a GWT web application and have written a few test
cases that I have been able to run. My server side code has a
dependency on xercesImpl 2.7.1. Once Xerces is added to my war/WEB-
INF/lib directory, my test cases stop running and I get the following
error. Remove xerces and my tests run again.

Can you please let me know how I can fix this as my server tests
require xerces.

Thank you.

Starting HTTP on port 0
[WARN] Error deploying web application directory ROOT
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance
(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:104)
at org.apache.commons.modeler.util.DomUtil.readXml(DomUtil.java:284)
at
org.apache.commons.modeler.modules.MbeansDescriptorsDOMSource.execute
(MbeansDescriptorsDOMSource.java:130)
at
org.apache.commons.modeler.modules.MbeansDescriptorsDOMSource.loadDescriptors
(MbeansDescriptorsDOMSource.java:120)
at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.load(Registry.java:819)
at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.loadDescriptors(Registry.java:
931)
at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.loadDescriptors(Registry.java:
909)
at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.findDescriptor(Registry.java:
992)
at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.findManagedBean(Registry.java:
696)
at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.findManagedBean(Registry.java:
1047)
at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.registerComponent
(Registry.java:859)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.init(WebappLoader.java:
612)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.start(WebappLoader.java:
644)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start
(StandardContext.java:4231)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal
(ContainerBase.java:823)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:
807)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:
595)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install
(StandardHostDeployer.java:277)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:
832)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories
(HostConfig.java:701)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:
432)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:983)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent
(HostConfig.java:349)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent
(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:
1091)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:
1083)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:
478)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.start(Embedded.java:846)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.tomcat.EmbeddedTomcatServer.<init>
(EmbeddedTomcatServer.java:246)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.tomcat.EmbeddedTomcatServer.start
(EmbeddedTomcatServer.java:70)
at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.doStartUpServer(GWTShell.java:226)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.startUp(HostedModeBase.java:590)
at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.getUnitTestShell(JUnitShell.java:
410)
at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.runTest(JUnitShell.java:346)
at com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase.runTest(GWTTestCase.java:
219)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
at com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase.run(GWTTestCase.java:132)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run
(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run
(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests
(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests
(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run
(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main
(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

L Frohman

May 1, 2009, 6:32:34 PM5/1/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
What is the css style that sets the spacing between the tabs at the top of
a DecoratedTabPanel?

Rajeev Dayal

May 4, 2009, 4:56:14 PM5/4/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Is there a reason that you need to use Xerces specifically in your server-side code, as opposed to using Java's built-in XML libraries?

Sumit Chandel

May 5, 2009, 2:24:21 PM5/5/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi L Frohman,

Have you tried setting the DecoratedTabBar style used by the DecoratedTabPanel? You should be able to set the spacing on the .gwt-DecoratedTabBar style itself, or you can define your own style and mimic the CSS used in gwt-DecoratedTabBar.

DecoratedTabBar class:
http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/1.6/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/DecoratedTabBar.html

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel