Problems while upgrading a GWT maven project from GWT 2.1 SNAPSHOT to GWT 2.1.0 final release

vsdev

Nov 3, 2010, 4:27:59 PM11/3/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I tried to upgrade a working GWT maven project from GWT 2.1 SNAPSHOT
to the GWT 2.1.0 final release. That is, I changed the GWT version in
the pom.xml from 2.1-SNAPSHOT to 2.1.0.

After doing that, I got the following error during the maven build
(mvn install):
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'com.google.gwt:gwt-soyc-vis:jar:2.1.0'
in repository central (http://central)

Then I read that upgrading the version of the gwt-maven-plugin in the
pom.xml from 1.3.1.google to 1.3.2.google should fix this problem. As
I didn't find a public maven repository containing the corresponding
artefacts I downloaded the jar manually from
http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/2.1.0/gwt/maven/org/codehaus/mojo/gwt-maven-plugin/1.3.2.google/
and installed it in my local maven repository. But now I get another
error
during the maven build:

[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:1.3.2.google:compile': Unable to
load the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:
1.3.2.google:compile' in the plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-
plugin'. A required class is missing: org/codehaus/plexus/util/xml/
XmlStreamReader org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.XmlStreamReader

What do I wrong? Could you give me a short tutorial how to upgrade a
GWT maven project from GWT 2.1 SNAPSHOT to GWT 2.1.0 final release?

David Chandler

Nov 3, 2010, 5:19:25 PM11/3/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi vsdev,

I think you're the 3rd person to run into the plexus error on the
list. As far as I know, starting with a fresh local maven repo
resolves it.

Please post back with your progress.

/dmc

> --

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit
http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/

vsdev

Nov 4, 2010, 5:24:05 AM11/4/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi David

starting with a fresh local maven repository didn't resolve the bug
for me. Below I post more detailed information from the maven output -
maybe you have another idea?

Volker

Maven output:
==========
this realm = app0.child-container[org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:
1.3.2.google]
urls[0] = file:/C:/jzx/maven-repository/org/codehaus/mojo/gwt-maven-
plugin/1.3.2.google/gwt-maven-pl
ugin-1.3.2.google.jar
urls[1] = file:/C:/jzx/maven-repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-
utils/1.1/plexus-utils-1.1.jar
Number of imports: 10
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@a6c57a42
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@12f43f3b
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@20025374
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@f8e44ca4
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@92758522
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@ebf2705b
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@bb25e54
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@bece5185
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@3fee8e37
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@3fee19d8

this realm = plexus.core
urls[0] = file:/C:/software/apache-maven-2.2.1/lib/maven-2.2.1-
uber.jar
Number of imports: 10
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@a6c57a42
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@12f43f3b
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@20025374
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@f8e44ca4
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@92758522
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@ebf2705b
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@bb25e54
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@bece5185
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@3fee8e37
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@3fee19d8
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:1.3.2
.google:compile': Unable to load the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-
plugin:1.3.2.google:compile'
in the plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin'. A required class
is missing: org/codehaus/plexus
/util/xml/XmlStreamReader
org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.XmlStreamReader
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Internal error
in the plugin manager executi
ng goal 'org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:1.3.2.google:compile':
Unable to load the mojo 'org.code
haus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:1.3.2.google:compile' in the plugin
'org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin'.
A required class is missing: org/codehaus/plexus/util/xml/
XmlStreamReader
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.java:698)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:556)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.
java:535)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:387)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleE
xecutor.java:348)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java
:180)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
328)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:
138)
at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:
60)
at
39)
at
25)
at
at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManagerException: Unable to
load the mojo 'org.codehaus.moj
o:gwt-maven-plugin:1.3.2.google:compile' in the plugin
'org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin'. A requi
red class is missing: org/codehaus/plexus/util/xml/XmlStreamReader
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:
669)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:
468)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.java:694)
... 17 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
Unable to lo
okup component 'org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojoorg.codehaus.mojo:gwt-
maven-plugin:1.3.2.google:compile'
, it could not be created
at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:
335)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:
440)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:
652)
... 19 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.ComponentInstantiationException:
Could not instanci
ate component: role: 'null', implementation:
'org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.CompileMojo'
at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.java.JavaComponentFactory.makeException(JavaCompone
ntFactory.java:77)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.java.JavaComponentFactory.newInstance(JavaComponent
Factory.java:62)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.createComponentInstance(DefaultPlexusContainer
.java:1464)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.createComponentInstance(Ab
stractComponentManager.java:93)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.PerLookupComponentManager.getComponent(PerLookupCom
ponentManager.java:48)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:
331)
... 21 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/plexus/util/
xml/XmlStreamReader
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:
2389)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.java.JavaComponentFactory.newInstance(JavaComponent
Factory.java:44)
... 25 more
org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.XmlStreamReader
at
org.codehaus.classworlds.RealmClassLoader.loadClassDirect(RealmClassLoader.java:
195)
at
org.codehaus.classworlds.DefaultClassRealm.loadClass(DefaultClassRealm.java:
255)
at
org.codehaus.classworlds.DefaultClassRealm.loadClass(DefaultClassRealm.java:
274)
at
org.codehaus.classworlds.RealmClassLoader.loadClass(RealmClassLoader.java:
214)
... 31 more

On Nov 3, 10:19 pm, David Chandler <drfibona...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi vsdev,
>
> I think you're the 3rd person to run into the plexus error on the
> list. As far as I know, starting with a fresh local maven repo
> resolves it.
>
> Please post back with your progress.
>
> /dmc
>

> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:27 PM, vsdev <vsommerf...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I tried to upgrade a working GWT maven project from GWT 2.1 SNAPSHOT
> > to the GWT 2.1.0 final release. That is, I changed the GWT version in
> > the pom.xml from 2.1-SNAPSHOT to 2.1.0.
>
> > After doing that, I got the following error during the maven build
> > (mvn install):
> > [INFO] Unable to find resource 'com.google.gwt:gwt-soyc-vis:jar:2.1.0'
> > in repository central (http://central)
>
> > Then I read that upgrading the version of the gwt-maven-plugin in the
> > pom.xml from 1.3.1.google to 1.3.2.google should fix this problem. As
> > I didn't find a public maven repository containing the corresponding
> > artefacts I downloaded the jar manually from
> >http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/2.1.0/gwt/maven/org/code...
> > and installed it in my local maven repository. But now I get another
> > error
> > during the maven build:
>
> > [INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
> > 'org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:1.3.2.google:compile': Unable to
> > load the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:
> > 1.3.2.google:compile' in the plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-
> > plugin'. A required class is missing: org/codehaus/plexus/util/xml/
> > XmlStreamReader org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.XmlStreamReader
>
> > What do I wrong? Could you give me a short tutorial how to upgrade a
> > GWT maven project from GWT 2.1 SNAPSHOT to GWT 2.1.0 final release?

David Chandler

Nov 4, 2010, 10:50:10 AM11/4/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Volker,

See this thread for more info:
https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#apps/plexus/12be70cd49b26076

The only difference I can see is that you installed
gwt-maven-plugin:1.3.2.google manually, whereas Hilco in the other
thread added a repo in the POM as in the Expenses sample POM.

As noted in other threads, we're working to get
gwt-maven-plugin:1.3.2.google changes back into gwt-maven-plugin.

HTH,
/dmc

vsdev

Nov 4, 2010, 11:10:46 AM11/4/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi David,

Thanks for your answer but the link redirects to google mail;) Could
you post the correct link?

When do you plan to get the gwt-maven-plugin:1.3.2.google changes back
into the gwt-maven-plugin?

Volker

On Nov 4, 3:50 pm, David Chandler <drfibona...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> See this thread for more info:https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#apps/plexus/12be70cd49b26076
>
> The only difference I can see is that you installed
> gwt-maven-plugin:1.3.2.google manually, whereas Hilco in the other
> thread added a repo in the POM as in the Expenses sample POM.
>
> As noted in other threads, we're working to get
> gwt-maven-plugin:1.3.2.google changes back into gwt-maven-plugin.
>
> HTH,
> /dmc

> read more »

David Chandler

Nov 4, 2010, 11:21:05 AM11/4/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

vsdev

Nov 10, 2010, 3:50:59 AM11/10/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Setting the version of the GWT maven plugin to 2.1.0 (which is
released now) in the pom.xml solved the problem.

Volker