compile error

Tóth Imre

Jun 17, 2009, 6:02:02 AM6/17/09
to Google-Web-Toolkit
I migrated my gwt 1.5 project to 1.6.3, at first everything looked bright, I was able to compile run in hosted mode, and so on.
But suddenly a few hours later to my success things gone wrong, the project was not able to be compiled allways gives an error like this:
Compiling module com.gwt.itsh.ZetGwt
   [ERROR] Unexpected internal compiler error
java.lang.StackOverflowError
    at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$Segment.get(ConcurrentHashMap.java:338)
    at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.get(ConcurrentHashMap.java:769)
    at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.lookup(ObjectStreamClass.java:268)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1106)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1509)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1474)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1392)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1150)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1509)
.
.
.
.
.

It runs in hosted mode, and creates a 'compilation' to boot up the project, but It is not for simple browsers

Please tell me what did I wrong?

Thanx

Best Regards
Tóth Imre

Paul Robinson

Jun 17, 2009, 6:12:13 AM6/17/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Increase the available stack space by adding an argument like "-Xss8M"
to your java compiler/hosted moded process

Tóth Imre

Jun 17, 2009, 6:20:30 AM6/17/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
I compile it from the eclipse, where should i write it?
(I click to the little red icon at the left top, and at the "Additional compiler arguments" does not accept it of course. )

So my question is how should i give it to the jvm that runs the compiler?

Thanx

Best Regards
Tóth Imre

Thomas Broyer

Jun 17, 2009, 6:25:10 AM6/17/09
to Google Web Toolkit

On 17 juin, 12:12, Paul Robinson <ukcue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Increase the available stack space by adding an argument like "-Xss8M"
> to your java compiler/hosted moded process

See also http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=3510

@Tóth Imre: er, why 1.6.3, why not 1.6.4 ?

Paul Robinson

Jun 17, 2009, 6:29:36 AM6/17/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
I don't use the gwt eclipse plugin, so can't answer that.

Tóth Imre

Jun 17, 2009, 6:47:19 AM6/17/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com

Best Regards
Tóth Imre

Save a tree...Think before you print

2009/6/17 Thomas Broyer <t.br...@gmail.com>
ehh, disinformation it is 1.6.4 :)

Thomas Broyer

Jun 17, 2009, 8:40:32 AM6/17/09
to Google Web Toolkit

> Tóth Imre wrote:
> > I compile it from the eclipse, where should i write it?
> > (I click to the little red icon at the left top, and at the
> > "Additional compiler arguments" does not accept it of course. )
>
> > So my question is how should i give it to the jvm that runs the compiler?

Er, in the "VM arguments" box just below the "Additional compiler
arguments" ? (maybe this is only in the 1.0.1 release of the plugin,
so you might have to update)

Tóth Imre

Jun 17, 2009, 1:43:16 PM6/17/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Tnx for te answers , the problem is solved...