Unsupported GWT version: 2.3.0 ?

Vasil Zorev - online attendee

May 15, 2011, 10:05:59 AM5/15/11
to Google Web Toolkit
I have the following Maven dependency in my pom.xml:

<dependency>
<groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>
<artifactId>gwt-user</artifactId>
<version>2.3.0</version>
<scope>jar</scope>
</dependency>

and when I execute a .launch configuration I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:1.3-
SNAPSHOT:compile (default) on project <my-project>: Execution default
of goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:1.3-SNAPSHOT:compile
failed: Unsupported GWT version 2.3.0 -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:1.3-SNAPSHOT:compile
(default) on project <my-project>: Execution default of goal
org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:1.3-SNAPSHOT:compile failed:
Unsupported GWT version 2.3.0
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:
225)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:
153)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:
145)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:
84)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:
59)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:
183)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:
161)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:319)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
at
39)
at
25)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:
290)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:
230)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:
409)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:
352)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginExecutionException: Execution
default of goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:1.3-
SNAPSHOT:compile failed: Unsupported GWT version 2.3.0
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:
116)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:
209)
... 19 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unsupported GWT version
2.3.0
at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.GwtVersion.fromMavenVersion(GwtVersion.java:
81)
at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.GwtRuntime.<init>(GwtRuntime.java:96)
at
org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.AbstractGwtMojo.getGwtRuntimeForVersion(AbstractGwtMojo.java:
335)
at
org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.AbstractGwtMojo.getGwtRuntime(AbstractGwtMojo.java:
269)
at
org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.AbstractGwtShellMojo.execute(AbstractGwtShellMojo.java:
118)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:
107)
... 20 more

I get the same error for gwt-user v2.2.0
If I try with 2.1.0 I end up with ClassNotFoundException-s due to the
fact that I depend on features, introduced in v2.3.0

Any suggestions are welcome.

Juan Pablo Gardella

May 16, 2011, 8:07:17 PM5/16/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com