Stockwatcher tutorial + gwt ease

1 view

Manny

Jul 19, 2009, 3:08:07 AM7/19/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I've been getting along fine without frameworks until now and finally
decided to pick one. I'm split between symfony and gwt. and would like
to know how easy it would be for a realative beginner in the app game
to pick up gwt. whats the learning curve. Also i'd like some help
figuring out why i cant get the Stockwatcher(
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/tutorials/1.6/create.html ) tutorial
to work after several hours of frustration. I'm running the google web
toolkit with eclipse ganyemede and have both the jre and jdk
installed. am i missing something? Here is the error message I get
when I try to run it as a web app. I'm completely stuck and would
really appreciate any suggestions.

[ERROR] Failure while parsing XML
org.xml.sax.SAXNotSupportedException: http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-external-dtd
at gnu.xml.stream.SAXParserFactory.setFeature(libgcj.so.90)
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.parse
(ReflectiveParser.java:307)
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.access$100
(ReflectiveParser.java:48)
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser.parse
(ReflectiveParser.java:385)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad
(ModuleDefLoader.java:243)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader$1.load(ModuleDefLoader.java:
155)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule
(ModuleDefLoader.java:269)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromClassPath
(ModuleDefLoader.java:127)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.loadModule(HostedModeBase.java:
536)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.loadModule(HostedMode.java:426)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.doStartup(HostedMode.java:351)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.startUp(HostedModeBase.java:585)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.run(HostedModeBase.java:397)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.main(HostedMode.java:232)

Thanks in advanced.

Neha Chachra

Jul 20, 2009, 2:28:51 AM7/20/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
I recently learned GWT. And I got my StockWatcher app running at once. GWT is not difficult at all. It should be easy to pick up. The documentation and the mailing list are great too.

Btw, a little google search for your error popped up a thread. Hope it helps you:

-neha