GWT 2.7.0 beta1

Daniel Kurka

Oct 18, 2014, 1:54:40 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

since we are adding major features to GWT, we decided to change our release process for GWT 2.7. I just published GWT 2.7.0-beta1 to maven central and our file storage.
We are doing this beta to get external feedback on incremental compilation and GSS.

Incremental compilation is now default with GWT 2.7 and replaces, together with Super dev mode, the regular old dev mode. Inside of Google we are already using it for a while now and most of the issues should have already been dealt with, however we also want to make sure that external users that might have slightly different use cases will have a working 2.7.0 release.

So please start testing with beta1 and give us lots of feedback on the contributor list or on the issue tracker. Please keep in mind that we did not do any release testing on beta1, so there might be issues that you do not expect from a release candidate.

Our current plan is to wait until the end of next week for any feedback. If we do not find any serious external issues we will start the testing process for an actual release candidate.

-Daniel

Jim Douglas

Oct 18, 2014, 2:17:00 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Is GPE support still pending?  I just did a quick test in Kepler.  I set this as my default GWT SDK, then attempted to GWT Compile my project; it died immediately with this stack trace:

Compiling module com.basis.bbj.web.gwt.EnglishOnly

[ERROR] Unexpected internal compiler error

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: class com.google.gwt.dev.javac.asm.CollectMethodData has interface org.objectweb.asm.MethodVisitor as super class

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2615)

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethod(Class.java:2007)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.getPrivateMethod(ObjectStreamClass.java:1431)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.access$1700(ObjectStreamClass.java:72)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass$2.run(ObjectStreamClass.java:494)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass$2.run(ObjectStreamClass.java:468)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.<init>(ObjectStreamClass.java:468)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.lookup(ObjectStreamClass.java:365)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:602)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1622)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1517)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1771)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1350)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1990)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadObject(ObjectInputStream.java:500)

at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CachedCompilationUnit.readObject(CachedCompilationUnit.java:202)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:1017)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1893)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1798)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1350)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readArray(ObjectInputStream.java:1706)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1344)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:370)

at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationUnitArchive.readObject(CompilationUnitArchive.java:124)

at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:1017)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1893)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1798)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1350)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:370)

at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationUnitArchive.createFromStream(CompilationUnitArchive.java:59)

at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationUnitArchive.createFromURL(CompilationUnitArchive.java:66)

at com.google.gwt.dev.ArchivePreloader.preloadArchives(ArchivePreloader.java:62)

at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:246)

at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:229)

at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:145)

at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:204)

at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:156)

at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:118)

at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:55)

at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRunner.java:50)

at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:125)

Daniel Kurka

Oct 18, 2014, 2:21:23 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
This looks like an issue with your gwt-unitCache. Can you clear it and retry?

-Daniel

Google Germany GmbH
Dienerstr. 12
80331 München

Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Katherine Stephens

Brandon Donnelson

Oct 18, 2014, 2:31:44 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
There is no special GPE support needed to run GWT 2.7.0-beta1. The same launch configs can be used.

Although if you want to run dev mode, use -nosuperDevMode.

Jim Douglas

Oct 18, 2014, 2:34:40 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Crap, I knew that, but it's been a few years since it last tripped me up, so I forgot; retrying now.

Jim Douglas

Oct 18, 2014, 2:39:18 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
No difference...this is the stack trace after erasing gwt-unitCache and retrying.

Jim Douglas

Oct 18, 2014, 2:41:39 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Not trying to run either dev mode, just trying to GWT Compile the package.

Brandon Donnelson

Oct 18, 2014, 2:43:08 PM10/18/14
to Google Web Toolkit Contributors
The org.ow2.asm dependency has moved, and I see asm in the class above I wonder you're dependency configuration look like?

Have a good day,
Brandon Donnelson

Brandon Donnelson

Oct 18, 2014, 2:44:30 PM10/18/14
to Google Web Toolkit Contributors
I suspect you may need an exclusion or library sort so gwt has a higher priority in the dependency order.

Have a good day,
Brandon Donnelson

Jens

Oct 18, 2014, 2:47:13 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
No difference...this is the stack trace after erasing gwt-unitCache and retrying.

Does it work if you put ASM 5.0.3 on class path? http://forge.ow2.org/projects/asm/

-- J.

Jim Douglas

Oct 18, 2014, 3:27:20 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Eureka!  (Or not quite, but that was much closer to working.)  Apparently our overall project is dependent on asm-all-3.1.jar, and GWT 2.7.0 has a newer dependency than GWT 2.6.1 (and the APIs are inompatible).  Ok, swapping in asm-all-5.0.3.jar introduces a flood of build errors in another part of the project, but it allows the GWT compile to make much more progress; the new error is:

Compiling module com.basis.bbj.web.gwt.EnglishOnly

   Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.basis.bbj.web.gwt.client.message.data.ServerMessageReconstructor'

      Rebinding com.basis.bbj.web.gwt.client.message.data.ServerMessageReconstructor

         Invoking generator com.basis.bbj.web.gwt.server.message.ServerMessageReconstructorGenerator

            Emitting code-splitting switches for MessageGroups: [DEFAULT, CONSOLE, GRID, MENU, NATIVE, OPTIONAL]

   [WARN] Call to Enum method toString when enum obfuscation is enabled:  com/basis/bbj/web/gwt/client/GridGWTEventHelper.java:408

   [WARN] Call to Enum method toString when enum obfuscation is enabled:  com/basis/bbj/web/gwt/client/GridGWTEventHelper.java:412

   [WARN] Call to Enum method toString when enum obfuscation is enabled:  com/basis/bbj/web/gwt/client/GridGWTBrowserSpecifics_typeA.java:110

   Compiling 5 permutations

      Compiling permutation 0...

      Process output

         Compiling

            Compiling permutation 1...

      [ERROR] An internal compiler exception occurred

com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.InternalCompilerException: Could not find property compiler.max.vars.per.var

at com.google.gwt.dev.js.JsBreakUpLargeVarStatements.<init>(JsBreakUpLargeVarStatements.java:50)

at com.google.gwt.dev.js.JsBreakUpLargeVarStatements.exec(JsBreakUpLargeVarStatements.java:38)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.JavaToJavaScriptCompiler$PermutationCompiler.compilePermutation(JavaToJavaScriptCompiler.java:337)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.MonolithicJavaToJavaScriptCompiler.compilePermutation(MonolithicJavaToJavaScriptCompiler.java:296)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.UnifiedAst.compilePermutation(UnifiedAst.java:143)

at com.google.gwt.dev.CompilePerms.compile(CompilePerms.java:197)

at com.google.gwt.dev.ThreadedPermutationWorkerFactory$ThreadedPermutationWorker.compile(ThreadedPermutationWorkerFactory.java:50)

at com.google.gwt.dev.PermutationWorkerFactory$Manager$WorkerThread.run(PermutationWorkerFactory.java:74)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

      [ERROR] Unrecoverable exception, shutting down

com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries)

at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationProblemReporter.logAndTranslateException(CompilationProblemReporter.java:106)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.JavaToJavaScriptCompiler$PermutationCompiler.compilePermutation(JavaToJavaScriptCompiler.java:362)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.MonolithicJavaToJavaScriptCompiler.compilePermutation(MonolithicJavaToJavaScriptCompiler.java:296)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.UnifiedAst.compilePermutation(UnifiedAst.java:143)

at com.google.gwt.dev.CompilePerms.compile(CompilePerms.java:197)

at com.google.gwt.dev.ThreadedPermutationWorkerFactory$ThreadedPermutationWorker.compile(ThreadedPermutationWorkerFactory.java:50)

at com.google.gwt.dev.PermutationWorkerFactory$Manager$WorkerThread.run(PermutationWorkerFactory.java:74)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

      [ERROR] Not all permutation were compiled , completed (0/5)

      [WARN] Lost communication with remote process

java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:152)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:122)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:210)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java:2293)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java:2586)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.peekByte(ObjectInputStream.java:2596)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1318)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:370)

at com.google.gwt.dev.ExternalPermutationWorkerFactory$ExternalPermutationWorker.compile(ExternalPermutationWorkerFactory.java:154)

at com.google.gwt.dev.PermutationWorkerFactory$Manager$WorkerThread.run(PermutationWorkerFactory.java:74)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Jens

Oct 18, 2014, 3:43:44 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com

      Process output

         Compiling

            Compiling permutation 1...

      [ERROR] An internal compiler exception occurred

com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.InternalCompilerException: Could not find property compiler.max.vars.per.var

Hm thats strange. The variable is defined in CompilerParameters.gwt.xml in gwt-user.jar. Have you modified the variable? As you also get warnings about calling Enum.toString() while enums obfuscation is turned on (by default it is off) it seems like you have played around with the compiler properties.

-- J.

Jim Douglas

Oct 18, 2014, 5:09:45 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Hmm.  We do have this in our project.gwt.xml file:

  <set-configuration-property name='compiler.max.vars.per.var' value='-1'/>

I inherited ownership of this project; I'm not sure why that was added.  Removing it does correct that crash.  That leaves me with a few new-for-2.7 linker errors:

[...]

      Compiling permutation 2...

         Compiling

            Compiling permutation 3...

      Compiling permutation 4...

   Compile of permutations succeeded

   Compilation succeeded -- 67.406s

Linking into /Users/jimdouglas/workspace/BBj/war/gwtwebclient

   Invoking Linker CSS Renaming Linker

      Renaming styles in "basis.css"

      Renaming styles in "basisOld.css"

      Renaming styles in "basisUtils.css"

      Renaming styles in "gwt/standard/standard.css"

      Renaming styles in "gwt/standard/standard_rtl.css"

      Renaming styles in "jquery-ui.min.css"

      Renaming styles in "jquery-ui.structure.min.css"

   Invoking Linker Cross-Site-Iframe

      [ERROR] The Cross-Site-Iframe linker does not support <script> tags in the gwt.xml files, but the gwt.xml file (or the gwt.xml files which it includes) contains the following script tags:

html2canvas.min.js

jquery-1.11.1.min.js

jquery-ui.min.js

In order for your application to run correctly, you will need to include these tags in your host page directly. In order to avoid this error, you will need to remove the script tags from the gwt.xml file, or add this property to the gwt.xml file: <set-configuration-property name='xsiframe.failIfScriptTag' value='FALSE'/>

And with the addition of that configuration property, the GWT compile/link now runs to completion:

[...]

   Compilation succeeded -- 71.709s

Linking into /Users/jimdouglas/workspace/BBj/war/gwtwebclient

   Invoking Linker CSS Renaming Linker

      Renaming styles in "basis.css"

      Renaming styles in "basisOld.css"

      Renaming styles in "basisUtils.css"

      Renaming styles in "gwt/standard/standard.css"

      Renaming styles in "gwt/standard/standard_rtl.css"

      Renaming styles in "jquery-ui.min.css"

      Renaming styles in "jquery-ui.structure.min.css"

   Invoking Linker Cross-Site-Iframe

      Ignoring the following script tags in the gwt.xml file

html2canvas.min.js

jquery-1.11.1.min.js

jquery-ui.min.js

   Link succeeded

   Linking succeeded -- 3.565s

Thomas Broyer

Oct 18, 2014, 5:12:36 PM10/18/14

On Saturday, October 18, 2014 9:27:20 PM UTC+2, Jim Douglas wrote:
Eureka!  (Or not quite, but that was much closer to working.)  Apparently our overall project is dependent on asm-all-3.1.jar, and GWT 2.7.0 has a newer dependency than GWT 2.6.1 (and the APIs are inompatible).

Prior to version 4, ASM made no guarantee of API compatibility between versions, and as a result should not be used without "rebasing / repackaging", or only in projects where you're 100% sure you won't have a conflict.
Because ASM 4+ guarantees API compatibility, when we switched to 5.0.3 (to support Java 8) we decided to use it directly without "rebasing".

Thomas Broyer

Oct 18, 2014, 5:15:08 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
FYI, I'm releasing 2.7.0-beta1 of the gwt-maven-plugin (website is uploading as I write, then sync to Central could take a few hours too).

Jens

Oct 18, 2014, 5:54:11 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
   Invoking Linker Cross-Site-Iframe

      [ERROR] The Cross-Site-Iframe linker does not support <script> tags in the gwt.xml files, but the gwt.xml file (or the gwt.xml files which it includes) contains the following script tags:

html2canvas.min.js

jquery-1.11.1.min.js

jquery-ui.min.js

In order for your application to run correctly, you will need to include these tags in your host page directly. In order to avoid this error, you will need to remove the script tags from the gwt.xml file, or add this property to the gwt.xml file: <set-configuration-property name='xsiframe.failIfScriptTag' value='FALSE'/>

And with the addition of that configuration property, the GWT compile/link now runs to completion:

But keep in mind that setting the property to FALSE does only prevent the compilation error. Your app probably won't work correctly now as it does not have access to html2canvas.js and jquery.js. You need to follow the suggesting in the error message to fix it (or use ClientBundle + ScriptInjector instead)

-- J.

Jens

Oct 18, 2014, 6:05:33 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Because ASM 4+ guarantees API compatibility, when we switched to 5.0.3 (to support Java 8) we decided to use it directly without "rebasing".

Maybe we should bundle ASM 5 in the SDK zip file and let GPE add it to the class path if no dependency management tool is used. Otherwise beginners might be lost when starting with GWT if simply installing GPE + 2.7 SDK through Eclipse update site doesn't work anymore.

-- J.

Goktug Gokdogan

Oct 18, 2014, 6:13:04 PM10/18/14
to google-web-toolkit-contributors
Is there any fundamental reason why we don't support script tags for Cross-Site-IFrame?

Manuel Carrasco Moñino

Oct 18, 2014, 6:20:26 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
IIRC is because scripts should be guaranteed to be loaded before the onModuleLoad is run, and it was done with document.write before xsiframe

Thomas Broyer

Oct 18, 2014, 6:39:23 PM10/18/14

On Sunday, October 19, 2014 12:13:04 AM UTC+2, Goktug Gokdogan wrote:
Is there any fundamental reason why we don't support script tags for Cross-Site-IFrame?

IIRC that might have to do with detecting when scripts have finished loading, because <script> in gwt.xml are guaranteed to be loaded when onModuleLoad is run.
Maybe the issue is moot now that we dropped support for IE6/7?

…or maybe just because script injection worked using document.write() and nobody took the time to implement it differently for xsiframe? (I suppose there was a use-case for loading a module asynchronously, where document.write wouldn't work)

Jim Douglas

Oct 18, 2014, 6:42:27 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Does GWT 2.7 change the default linker behaviour?  This configuration works fine in GWT 2.6.1.

Brandon Donnelson

Oct 18, 2014, 6:48:08 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Seems to me that the script injector isn't perfect with the onload callback but its one of the ways to do it after the onmodule load. I often will inject them in the dom afterwords. Google mays has an interesting way where it has a call back after its loaded which is nifty. Or I will poll until the object is available. I liked the script injector but it hasn't been consistent for me.

Thomas Broyer

Oct 18, 2014, 6:53:54 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
2.7 uses "xsiframe" by default when "std" was the default in previous versions.

Jim Douglas

Oct 18, 2014, 10:05:45 PM10/18/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Ok, now I see 8578 with the "ReleaseNote-BreakingChange" tag.

Erik Kuefler

Oct 19, 2014, 3:51:24 PM10/19/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeing what looks like a regression in my project. I get the following error when running GWT compilation from Gradle after upping the version. The error doesn't seem very helpful except that it's possibly related to code generation and UiBinder:

Compiling module com.MyModule

   Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.mypackage.MyView.MyUiBinder'

      Rebinding com.mypackage.MyView.MyUiBinder

         Checking rule <replace-with class='com.mypackage.environment.TestEnvironment'/>

            [ERROR] Hint: Check the inheritance chain from your module; it may not be inheriting a required module or a module may not be adding its source path entries properly

   [ERROR] Errors in 'com/mypackage/MyViewView.java'

      [ERROR] Line 36: Failed to resolve 'com.mypackage.MyView.MyUiBinder' via deferred binding

   [...many similar errors for other UiBinders...]

Goktug Gokdogan

Oct 19, 2014, 6:04:15 PM10/19/14
to google-web-toolkit-contributors
Does adding inherit to c.g.gwt.uibinder.UiBinder fix the issue?

We broke many cyclic dependencies around c.g.gwt.user.User. In this process, I dropped many unneeded dependencies to User from smaller modules. As most developers directly depend on User that doesn't have any affect. However if they were depending another module (e.g. Validation) and getting User dependency transitively from there, they will break.

I didn't close analyzed but some potential packages that no longer depend on User are:

com/google/gwt/validation/Validation.gwt.xml
com/google/gwt/xml/XML.gwt.xml
com/google/web/bindery/autobean/AutoBean.gwt.xml
com/google/gwt/storage/Storage.gwt.xml
com/google/gwt/i18n/...
com/google/gwt/event/dom/...

Erik Kuefler

Oct 19, 2014, 6:12:15 PM10/19/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't seem to help. I did already have a dependency on User. Here's the full list of inherits from my gwtxml:

<inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
<inherits name='com.google.gwt.uibinder.UiBinder'/>
<inherits name="com.google.gwt.logging.Logging"/>
<inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.theme.clean.Clean'/>

<inherits name="com.google.common.collect.Collect"/>
<inherits name="com.google.gwt.inject.Inject"/>
<inherits name="com.google.common.base.Base"/>
<inherits name="com.google.gwt.ajaxloader.AjaxLoader" />
<inherits name="com.google.web.bindery.autobean.AutoBean"/>
<inherits name='gwt.g3d.g3d'/>
<!-- some internal modules -->
<inherits name="elemental.Elemental" />

Goktug Gokdogan

Oct 19, 2014, 6:47:13 PM10/19/14
to google-web-toolkit-contributors
I don't have any other ideas. If you can provide us a simpler repro case, it would be very helpful.

Jan Thewes

Oct 21, 2014, 6:46:59 AM10/21/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

we're in the process of trying out GWT 2.7 in our massive application.
Currently we get an error during compile for one module. It worked with GWT 2.6.1.
Any ideas on this one? I'm not sure but the problem might be that we can't create a JSO using new ..Jso().
But the big question is why did this work in GWT 2.6.1?

[ERROR] Errors in 'de/gad/wap/pgu/messenger/ccs/genovoice/event/impl/JsoEventFactory.java'

      [ERROR] Line 38: Rebind result 'de.gad.wap.pgu.messenger.ccs.genovoice.event.call.DialEvent_JsoEvt' cannot be a JSO

Cheers,

    Jan

Daniel Kurka

Oct 21, 2014, 6:51:45 AM10/21/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
You can not create a JSO using new in Java. If this has worked with GWT 2.6.1 it is just a bug and should not have worked in the first place.

-Daniel

Jan Thewes

Oct 21, 2014, 7:06:46 AM10/21/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Ok thx. This is what I assumed.
Will fix this and see how far we can go with 2.7.

Am Samstag, 18. Oktober 2014 19:54:40 UTC+2 schrieb Daniel Kurka:
[...]

Goktug Gokdogan

Oct 21, 2014, 4:53:00 PM10/21/14
to google-web-toolkit-contributors
IIRC, there was a bug in compiler where is you call GWT.create on JSO (e.g. when you inject it via GIN), it will generate a new MyJso call (which shouldn't work normally as the constructor is protected.)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit-contributors/a45134df-be98-4ab8-9289-7a52c8248ad7%40googlegroups.com.

Stefan Lecho

Oct 23, 2014, 10:57:48 AM10/23/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
It seems that the com.google.gwt.widget.client.TextButton class is no longer packaged in the v2.7.0-beta1 of gwt-user.jar. Where can I find this class ?

Goktug Gokdogan

Oct 24, 2014, 1:01:27 AM10/24/14
to google-web-toolkit-contributors
com.google.gwt.widget.* was deprecated and removed in the 2.7 release.
You can get a copy of the files here:

Stefan Lecho

Thomas Broyer

Oct 24, 2014, 4:35:05 AM10/24/14
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Depends on your needs. TextButton was basically a CellWidget with a TextButtonCell; but you might also just use a Button widget.