Google App Engine - Bug ?

Ari Block

Feb 1, 2012, 4:27:23 AM2/1/12
to Google Web Toolkit Contributors
I am runing this code :

Class.forName("net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver");
con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:
1433/Registration;namedPipe=true","sa","sa");
// Create and execute an SQL statement that returns some data.
String SQL = "SELECT TOP 1000 [Test] FROM [Registration].[dbo].
[Test]";

and getting security errors, all over the web they are talking about
adding security in the policy files
and man did I add all primisions to all policy file ( there is a lot
of them)!!!

("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Users\ablock\AppData\Local\Temp" "read")
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:
366)
at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:
555)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:
549)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerFactory
$CustomSecurityMa

then i get pissed, and say ok if we have eliminated all that is
positional it must be the impossible.
as it turns out once turning off the Google App engine all works.
Google whats up with that app engine ???
if there is a Google developer here give me a buzz, i will provide all
logs and info.

Good luck guys, live long and prosper, RE-Block

Toby Reyelts

Feb 1, 2012, 11:58:42 AM2/1/12
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com, ari....@think.co.il
Ari,

If you're building an App Engine app, GWT provides you with an App Engine development server which mimics the App Engine production environment. The production environment does not allow you to read from arbitrary paths (the security exception you see) or make arbitrary networking connections (What appears to be happening with the JDBC driver you're instantiating). If you have questions about App Engine, the google-appengine and google-appengine-java groups are where you want to be.

If you're building a GWT-only app, then GWT provides you with a bog-standard servlet container for development, and it is your responsibility to make sure that matches your final production environment.