GWT 2.8 SnapShot "Unexpected internal compiler error" in SDM after switching to GSS

confile

Jan 30, 2015, 6:09:30 PM1/30/15
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
I use GWT 2.8 SnapShot with an app that runs with CSS only no GSS. Then I switched to GSS using:

<set-configuration-property name="CssResource.enableGss" value="true" />

<set-configuration-property name="CssResource.legacy" value="true" />

<set-configuration-property name="CssResource.conversionMode" value="lenient" />

When I compile with option -strict there are no errors. When I run my server in SDM and try to connect I get the following errors:

         Compiling 1 permutation

            Compiling permutation 0...

            [ERROR] Unexpected internal compiler error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.ast.HasName$1.compare(HasName.java:33)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.ast.HasName$1.compare(HasName.java:30)

at java.util.TimSort.countRunAndMakeAscending(TimSort.java:324)

at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:189)

at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:173)

at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:659)

at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:217)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.ast.JTypeOracle.getCastableDestinationTypes(JTypeOracle.java:1019)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.impl.ComputeExhaustiveCastabilityInformation.createCompleteCastMap(ComputeExhaustiveCastabilityInformation.java:44)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.impl.ComputeExhaustiveCastabilityInformation.execImpl(ComputeExhaustiveCastabilityInformation.java:50)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.impl.ComputeExhaustiveCastabilityInformation.exec(ComputeExhaustiveCastabilityInformation.java:32)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.MonolithicJavaToJavaScriptCompiler$MonolithicPermutationCompiler.normalizeSemantics(MonolithicJavaToJavaScriptCompiler.java:102)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.JavaToJavaScriptCompiler$PermutationCompiler.compilePermutation(JavaToJavaScriptCompiler.java:286)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.MonolithicJavaToJavaScriptCompiler.compilePermutation(MonolithicJavaToJavaScriptCompiler.java:292)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.UnifiedAst.compilePermutation(UnifiedAst.java:130)

at com.google.gwt.dev.CompilePerms.compile(CompilePerms.java:197)

at com.google.gwt.dev.ThreadedPermutationWorkerFactory$ThreadedPermutationWorker.compile(ThreadedPermutationWorkerFactory.java:50)

at com.google.gwt.dev.PermutationWorkerFactory$Manager$WorkerThread.run(PermutationWorkerFactory.java:74)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

            [ERROR] Unrecoverable exception, shutting down

com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries)

at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationProblemReporter.logAndTranslateException(CompilationProblemReporter.java:112)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.JavaToJavaScriptCompiler$PermutationCompiler.compilePermutation(JavaToJavaScriptCompiler.java:363)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.MonolithicJavaToJavaScriptCompiler.compilePermutation(MonolithicJavaToJavaScriptCompiler.java:292)

at com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.UnifiedAst.compilePermutation(UnifiedAst.java:130)

at com.google.gwt.dev.CompilePerms.compile(CompilePerms.java:197)

at com.google.gwt.dev.ThreadedPermutationWorkerFactory$ThreadedPermutationWorker.compile(ThreadedPermutationWorkerFactory.java:50)

at com.google.gwt.dev.PermutationWorkerFactory$Manager$WorkerThread.run(PermutationWorkerFactory.java:74)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

            [ERROR] Not all permutation were compiled , completed (0/1)

      [WARN] recompile failed

      [WARN] continuing to serve previous version

confile

Jan 30, 2015, 6:14:40 PM1/30/15
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
It compiles perfectly with GWT 2.7 and GSS. So the problem must be in the GWT 2.8SnapShot.

Julien Dramaix

Jan 30, 2015, 6:17:43 PM1/30/15
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if it will solve your problem but the configurationProperty CssResource.legacy is not needed anymore:

So remove: <set-configuration-property name="CssResource.legacy" value="true" />

On Sat Jan 31 2015 at 12:14:40 AM confile <michael....@googlemail.com> wrote:
It compiles perfectly with GWT 2.7 and GSS. So the problem must be in the GWT 2.8SnapShot.

confile

John Stalcup

Feb 2, 2015, 2:25:30 PM2/2/15
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
If you can provide a small sample that reproduces the problem I will take a look.

Travis Schmidt

Mar 18, 2015, 9:15:12 AM3/18/15
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
I hit a similar problem.  I Turned on GSS with GWT 2.7 Release.  I converted one of my files to .gss and let the converter handle the other files for now.  Everything compiles fine.   Super Dev Mode will start and the first compile will work fine.  If I make a change the next incremental compile fails with the UnableToTomplete exception, with it outputting code that applied styles in the gss.  I turned gss off and reverted that file back to css and the incremental compile started working again.

Travis

Roberto Lublinerman

Mar 18, 2015, 11:52:12 AM3/18/15
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide a small repro case and open an issue for it?

Kay-Uwe Janssen

Mar 19, 2015, 4:10:30 AM3/19/15
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

sorry for being off-topic but where can i find current 2.8.0 snapshot jars?

thanks! :)

Jens

Mar 19, 2015, 5:14:58 AM3/19/15
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com

sorry for being off-topic but where can i find current 2.8.0 snapshot jars?

The repository is correct but http://build.gwtproject.org/job/gwt/ hasn't produced a successful build the last days and I think old jars are removed automatically by sonatype.

-- J.

Kay-Uwe Janssen

Mar 19, 2015, 5:18:11 AM3/19/15