Hosted Libraries - jQuery UI - "Latest" CSS Loading Wrong Image

Jonathan Champ

Jun 19, 2015, 4:31:41 PM6/19/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Not sure how to get this to the Google people who can fix this, but instead of getting the right background image when using the automatic version for the CSS file, it gives some blank image.

http://jsbin.com/golucuyuni/edit?html,js,output

Compare the two result files below.

Expected:
https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.11.4/themes/smoothness/images/ui-bg_flat_0_aaaaaa_40x100.png

Actual:
https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1/themes/smoothness/images/ui-bg_flat_0_aaaaaa_40x100.png

Thank you,

Jonathan

Philipp Wollermann

Jul 3, 2015, 8:37:22 AM7/3/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

thanks for pointing this out!

Due to concerns over lack of compatibility between even minor versions of the libraries we host and because we can't set good caching headers on these URLs (because the version might change anytime), we have stopped updating the "automatic" version of the libs some time ago. This means, that /jqueryui/1/ still points to version 1.10.4 (released January 2014). This is true for all other libraries we host as well.

My explanation of this behavior would thus be, that the "actual" background image you linked to is the image as it was in jQuery UI 1.10.4.
If you want to use the newest one, you'd have to refer to the exact version, as in your "expected" link.

Sorry for the confusion. I will add a note to the website explaining this change in behavior for people who still know about the old "automatic version" feature.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Philipp