Feed API not finding any entries

NickB

Jan 27, 2015, 9:44:43 AM1/27/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
At some point in the last 18 hours feed API has stopped finding any entries in my rss feed. Everything was fine yesterday but now although the feed is being read successfully, no entries are found. I put the feed url in to a browser then everything looks ok.

There's a test page here: http://www.advancedfirstline.com/test/feed.html and I'd be hugely grateful if any one can point me in the right direction to getting this fixed.

Thanks,

Nick

MarkJ

Jan 27, 2015, 11:08:42 AM1/27/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
We are experiencing the same problem.

MarkJ

Jan 27, 2015, 3:40:39 PM1/27/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
My network admin says he suspects this is because we have a SHA1 cert but the API requires SHA2.  But from what I can tell this feeds API is deprecated and has been that way for a year (or more).  It really has to be reworked.  We were mainly using this for a cross-server RSS to JSON transform.  That is part of a jQuery solution called zrssFeed.  We are going to rework this ASAP to remove dependence on the google API.  But in the mean time I am rekeying our cert qirh SHA2 to buy some time...  UGH. I will let you know if it helps.

Jeremy Geerdes

Jan 27, 2015, 3:57:04 PM1/27/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Technically, the API has not been deprecated, but the team that was in charge of developing and maintaining it was reassigned some time ago. It was simply left in limbo, but not indefinitely: the TOS say that as of April 2015, Google reserves the right to discontinue the service at any time, with our without warning. I doubt very much that it is allowed to languish much past the April date. Therefore, I would strongly recommend working to eliminate any dependency ASAP.

jg

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Rev. Jeremy R. Geerdes <jgee...@debraheightswesleyan.org> wrote:
Technically, the API has not been deprecated, but the team that was in charge of developing and maintaining it was reassigned some time ago. It was simply left in limbo, but not indefinitely: the TOS say that as of April 2015, Google reserves the right to discontinue the service at any time, with our without warning. I doubt very much that it is allowed to languish much past the April date. Therefore, I would strongly recommend working to eliminate any dependency ASAP.

jg

To view this message on the web, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-ajax-search-api/adcdfe7a-f053-45ea-9578-9eb0f93a26f6%40googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.

Rev. Jeremy R. Geerdes, Pastor
Debra Heights Wesleyan Church
4025 Lower Beaver Rd
Des Moines, IA 50310

--
Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

Independent Mobile Media Australasia

Jan 27, 2015, 8:23:36 PM1/27/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Getting the same issue, previously perfectly working feed is now returning the following data:

{ responseData: null, responseDetails: "Feed could not be loaded.", responseStatus: 400}

would love some ideas on wether this is an issue on googles end or not and if it will be fixed.

also, just now learning this API could be retired any time after april (would have been nice to know before investing in it), can anyone recommend any alternatives for pulling rss content in to web pages?

thank you :)

Jeremy Geerdes

Naoki Iwase

Jan 28, 2015, 2:33:24 AM1/28/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com

We are experiencing the same problem.

2015年1月27日火曜日 23時44分43秒 UTC+9 NickB:

Wet Coast Life

Jan 28, 2015, 10:02:18 AM1/28/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Same problem for me but only 1 of the 8 feeds i load is not updating, the rest are and using FeedEk. Loading the one RSS URL that is not updating and shows up to date content. Same issue occurred in the summer when random RSS feeds would not update and eventually started working after a couple weeks if i recall.

Wet Coast Life

Jan 28, 2015, 2:11:11 PM1/28/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
quick update. My feed started working as of this comment with no changes on my part.

Naoki Iwase

Jan 29, 2015, 8:45:58 PM1/29/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Now be used . Thanks you.
2015年1月29日木曜日 4時11分11秒 UTC+9 Wet Coast Life: