Google patent api (Deprecated) ?

arterisk

Aug 21, 2011, 9:37:50 PM8/21/11
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi all,
I found that this google patent api is very useful and surprise that
it is deprecated.
How long it will stay active before google shut down it ? Its very
important before i can project to use this tool.

May i know , what is the reason that google want to shut down this
tool?

thanks & regards,
arteris.

Jeremy Geerdes

Aug 21, 2011, 10:40:46 PM8/21/11
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Sadly, the only reasons Google has given are that (a) the old Search APIs have been subject to a tremendous amount of abuse, and (b) they are moving toward a new common infrastructure for all data APIs.

The good news is that the APIs TOS specify a deprecation period of 3 years, during which Google will continue to expend commercially reasonable resources and efforts to maintain the API. So you have until the end of 2013 at least that the API will continue to function.

Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy
Des Moines, IA

For more information or a project quote:
jrge...@gmail.com

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

> --
> To view this message on the web, visit
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en_US
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

Jonathan Friedman

Aug 12, 2015, 2:25:44 PM8/12/15
to Google AJAX APIs
Jeremy -

It would be great to pick your brain on what news feeds exist out there.  We are building a cool feature and looking for the best available business news feed source.

Thanks!
jonathan