Pricing model for Google Places API

Suparno Bose

Oct 2, 2015, 7:42:19 AM10/2/15
to Google AJAX APIs, ankit....@gmail.com
Hi,

After reading information on Google Places API billing section, following are my observations

  • 1000 API requests are allowed per 24 hours
  • After getting my identity verified using my credit card, limits will be increased to 100000 requests per 24 hours.
In this regard, I would like to know about whether 1,00,000 requests per day has costs involved or is it free ?
Also, If in long term my APP requires more than 1,00,000 requests per 24 hours due to increased users,
then what I need to do to request more and what would be costs involved with that.

Thanks,
Suparno

Jeremy Geerdes

Oct 2, 2015, 8:02:37 AM10/2/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com

By enabling billing with your credit card, you can increase your quota to as much as 10,000 queries per day. These queries will be charged to your credit card at a rate of USD$5 per 1,000 queries. So if you were to use 10,000 queries per day, your credit card would be charged USD$50.

If you need to go beyond the 10,000 queries per day, you will need to look at the Google Site Search option. This can option can be scaled to support more than 1,000,000 queries per day, but the cost also increases. Also, I believe Site Search focuses exclusively on your website, while a Custom Search Engine can be configured to search multiple sites.

You can get more information about these options at the bottom of the Custom Search API overview:
https://developers.google.com/custom-search/json-api/v1/overview

Jg

To view this message on the web, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-ajax-search-api/122704cd-fcf0-424f-8dd3-d9b5d0cf7919%40googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.