Using other JS libaries (not included in the Google Hosted Libraries)

Venice Margarette Juanillas

Apr 15, 2014, 5:10:25 AM4/15/14
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm currently creating a phylogenetic tree and I want to embed it on our site as a gadget. However, I'm using RaphaelJS and jsPhyloSVG and I noticed these two libraries are not in the Google Hosted Libraries. Is there any way for me to use RaphaelJS and jsPhyloSVG to display the trees?

Thanks,
Venice

Jeremy Geerdes

Apr 15, 2014, 10:24:06 AM4/15/14
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
The fact that you use the word "gadget" to describe your app makes me think you're using Google Sites, in which case I don't think you'll be able to do anything. If that's not the case, though, you can certainly include libraries which are not hosted on Google's CDN simply by pointing a script tag appropriately. In the case of Raphael, this means that you'll have to download the source, save it to your server somewhere, and then include something like this on your page:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/path/to/raphael.js"></script>

Then you should be able to use it. Again, IF you're NOT using Google Sites. If you're using Google Sites, I don't know that you'll ever find a solution.

jg

To view this message on the web, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-ajax-search-api/795acf91-bab1-49ff-b653-ab04f897bace%40googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.

Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy
Des Moines, IA

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

Venice Margarette Juanillas

Apr 20, 2014, 10:42:59 PM4/20/14
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi jg,

Yes, unfortunately, I'm using Google sites. I guess I have no choice but to put it in a server.

Thanks for the reply.