Search the entire web using a Google API on localhost

michael susplugas

Apr 28, 2015, 4:02:19 PM4/28/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I would like to query Google Search on many topics (~800 queries in total), for instance "cars", to get the first 100 results on localhost using Python for some data mining. How can I do it?

Google Custom Search Engine seems to work only if it's used on a website (we have to provide an address of the website and localhost is refused).

The old Google Web Search API is deprecated. And I get "Quota Exceeded" after some requests.

This small independent Google Search tool could also works for a request or two, but I guess I will be banned if I try ~800 requests

What is the best solution in this case?

Thank you,
Best regards,

Michael

Thomas Themel

Apr 28, 2015, 5:43:15 PM4/28/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com

To view this message on the web, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-ajax-search-api/8dac4c57-88f3-4421-80b8-b13bfdea076b%40googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.