ajax.googleapis.com connection problems for many users.

antdude

Jun 26, 2015, 12:29:00 PM6/26/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I hope this is the correct place to report a technical issue. It seems others and I are having problems with ajax.googleapis.com server right now and almost for a day according Twitter: https://twitter.com/search?q=ajax.googleapis.com&src=typd ... I hope someone from Google reads this to fix it since it is annoying. I currently use OpenDNS and Google's 8.8.8.8 as my DNSes. Here is what I see when I ping:

$ ping  ajax.googleapis.com
PING googleapis.l.google.com (216.58.216.170) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- googleapis.l.google.com ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 1006ms

Other ISPs (work's VPN and friend's) had no problems. I noticed they have different addresses (e.g., googleapis.l.google.com (74.125.25.95)). My technical friend thinks it is related to IPv4 and IPv6 converter?

Thank you in advance. :)

Jeremy Geerdes

Jun 26, 2015, 12:38:42 PM6/26/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
The AJAX APIs have been deprecated for well more than 3 years and are now several months past their sunset date. Even if this isn't a deliberate turn down of the system, I doubt you can expect a fix. There are a number of reasons why the outage may be inconsistent, ranging from an ISP's proxy settings to the shut down still being propagated through Google's various data centers.

I would strongly recommend finding an alternative search service.

jg

To view this message on the web, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-ajax-search-api/6990159e-836d-4dd9-b846-3e3b5492b0d2%40googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.

Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy
Des Moines, IA

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

Matt Hardesty

Jun 26, 2015, 1:38:12 PM6/26/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
The issue seems to be with specific ISPs. Time Warner Cable is one of them.

I suggest hosting locally or using a library hosted elsewhere. For instance, links to many versions of the jquery and jqueryui libraries are hosted on jquery.com and supported by MaxCDN.

Jeremy Geerdes

Vinoth Di

Jul 31, 2015, 4:22:37 PM7/31/15
to Google AJAX APIs, a...@zimage.com
The issue seem to be due to Certificate error.
For me, https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.0.3/jquery.min.js is throwing the below error only in Firefox 39.0

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to ajax.googleapis.com. Peer's certificate has an invalid signature. (Error code: sec_error_bad_signature)

    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.