Google News - Get Topics by Edition

Noke_ZP

May 25, 2015, 10:35:06 AM5/25/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to use Google News to build my own application. I have found small list of topics:

h - Top Stories
w - World
b - Business
n - Nation
t - Science and Technology
el - Elections
p - Politics
e - Entertainment
s - Sports
m - Health

On Google News website I can see more topics depending of EDITION (e.q. for 'Argentina' edition there is 'Argentina' topic 'https://news.google.com/news/section?cf=all&ned=es_ar&topic=n&output=rss', or for 'Nigeria' edition there are 'Nigeria' and 'Afrika' topics).
Is it possible to get these topic for U.S. edition?

Thanks.

Christian Moise

Sep 8, 2015, 7:10:08 AM9/8/15
to Google AJAX APIs
Additionally,

Topics vary slightly from edition to edition. E.g., in African editions like Namibia or Zimbabwe(&ned=en_na, &ned=en_zw) the topic af is available and represents the African topic. In general, if you are viewing an edition of Google News and see a topic of interest, click on the topic header and view the &topic argument in the browser's address bar.

Christian Moise

Sep 8, 2015, 7:10:12 AM9/8/15
to Google AJAX APIs
  • ned tells the News Search system which edition of news to pull results from. For example, ned=usspecifies the US edition. To find the ned for other editions, review the links on the Languages and Regions page of Google News help. Each of these links ends with a ned id specific to a country or region.

Jeremy Geerdes

Sep 8, 2015, 11:05:54 AM9/8/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
You will want to take note that the News Search API is deprecated and now well past its sunset date. I would strongly recommend that you NOT depend on it for mission-critical functionality. Check out alternatives from Bing, Yahoo!, or Faroo.

jg

To view this message on the web, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-ajax-search-api/1312eba4-119c-43fe-9ee4-4c9dca0c188c%40googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.

Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy
Des Moines, IA

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!