Image search by example API

Nic Lyons

Aug 18, 2015, 5:16:50 PM8/18/15
to Google AJAX APIs
It appears that Google stopped supporting an API for image search by example (using an image to find similar images).  Is that a correct statement?

My intended domain is all websites (not just my own).  Free search is preferred, but would also consider paid search.

Functionality desired like images.google.com's 'search by image' but with programmatic access.

Jeremy Geerdes

Aug 18, 2015, 5:27:09 PM8/18/15
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
it would be more accurate to say that Google never supported a public search by image service. Probably the best alternative is TinEye, but it's not free. Another alternative would be Clarifai, but again, it's not free.

jg

To view this message on the web, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-ajax-search-api/0ebab73b-be62-4319-8e24-16c0951b49b3%40googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.

Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy
Des Moines, IA

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!