Visiting for a day

sophie...@yahoo.com

Feb 10, 2014, 2:19:34 AM2/10/14
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I am in Thailand for just a week and am interested in visiting thamkrabok as I'm a drugs worker back in the uk. have seen I can get train and bus there from Bangkok, leaving me about 3 hours for a visit. could you let me know if they would be ok me just visiting, and should I let them know first?
Thanks very much
Sophie

Vince

Feb 10, 2014, 2:55:15 AM2/10/14
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sophie,

Visitors to Wat Thamkrabok are always welcome.

You can visit for the day or you can stay in one of a couple small cheap hotels near Wat Thamkrabok in the nearby (3km beyond the Monastery) town of Phraputtabat (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phra_Phutthabat_District ).

The Thai nun, Mae Shee Rambhai can give you more details, if you are worried about anything then you can call M.S. Rambhai on

IMPORTANT - please remember to ONLY call during Thai time 9:00am - 6:00pm.

Good luck with your journey.

Best wishes and Metta,

Vince

(telephone)  +44 (0) 1635-552665

(cellphone)   +44 (0) 7909-545380

www.5th-precept.org
www.TARA-detox.org
www.HungryGhostRetreats.org
_________________________________

As water falls from a lotus leaf

so sorrow drops from those

who are free of toxic craving.

________________________________

The Buddha (DHAMMAPADA verse #336)

Advice for Contacting Vince

My full-time job requires that I work 12-hour day and 12-hour night shifts over 365 days per year. Consequently, my life revolves around a 28-day shift cycle, often meaning that I cannot do many of the things that I would like to... but this life is a series of disappointments, so I try to live in harmony with that 'reality' because to live in conflict with 'reality' would just be suffering!

I can be contacted by telephone or email at any time but I cannot always answer or reply immediately. Your understanding and patience is appreciated. Thank you!

sophie...@yahoo.com

Feb 10, 2014, 10:44:25 AM2/10/14
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Vince!
Apologies for cross posting...hadn't quite figured out how google groups worked... Will make my way on Friday.
Thanks for the information.
Best wishes
Sophie