Coming to monastery on July 5th

Christopher Steger

Jun 19, 2015, 5:20:19 PM6/19/15
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
I have made my ticket and will be coming to the monastery on July 5th for treatment for Heroin and Xanex addiction. I am coming from the USA (Texas) for the journey. I am really scared because I am not very spiritual. I am also Christian and do not believe in Buddhist religion. Will this prevent me from getting effective treatment ? Has anyone been there in the last few months who can offer some Words of advice? Lastly, when u say you cannot leave before 7 days... Does this mean if you try to leave they will physically restrain you? I read about a musician who left after 3 days. I wanted to start with 5 day commitment and possibly extend. In the past my detox takes 5 days to complete. Thanks for any insight.

Incredible Eggs

Jun 19, 2015, 8:00:43 PM6/19/15
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
I went around 5 years ago -  i don't think being a christian will be a problem unless you make it one in the sense that your lack of buddist sentiment interfere's with your believe in the power of the vows you will be taking - as long as you respect the power of the vow's wether you a christian a Taoist or a hindu it doesn't matter - the medicine and routine they will give you is powerful stuff and will if you stick it out do you the power of good - [ oh my believe or lack of believe in buddism really didn't come up during my treatment - it is quite a pragmatic place - though the vows and the power they hold is key as once your treatment is over that is all you take away with you apart from a much improved body - liver kidney ,heart and lung function all improve - Oh and if you want to leave before you have done a week you can , they will try to encourage you not to but if you make a big fuss then they will let you go for sure - Tell you what though , [the facilities are not comfortable , though even if you were in a five star hotel coming of the gear you've been on you won't be comfortable where ever you are ] the treatment you get there works well

All the power to you

I have made my ticket and will be coming to the monastery on July 5th for treatment for Heroin and Xanex addiction. I am coming from the USA (Texas) for the journey. I am really scared because I am not very spiritual. I am also Christian and do not believe in Buddhist religion. Will this prevent me from getting effective treatment ? Has anyone been there in the last few months who can offer some Words of advice? Lastly, when u say you cannot leave before 7 days... Does this mean if you try to leave they will physically restrain you? I read about a musician who left after 3 days. I wanted to start with 5 day commitment and possibly extend. In the past my detox takes 5 days to complete. Thanks for any insight.

The OFFICIAL Thamkrabok Monastery website is http://www.wat-thamkrabok.org
INDEPENDENT information can be found at http://www.thamkrabok.net
BUDDHIST RECOVERY information can be found at http://www.5th-precept.org
HUNGRY GHOST RETREAT information can be found at http://www.HungryGhostRetreats.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Friends of Thamkrabok Monastery" group.

Charles Doan