XLSX errors regarding null cell values - suggested revision

1 view

Michael Hogan

Jun 16, 2016, 6:25:08 PM6/16/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
This little project has been a life saver for me (so kudos to the developer) - but I've got some interesting errors with a spreadsheet I'm trying to import. inserting into c_cells encounters an error trying to insert null values into the cellvalue field. It appears to happen when I have empty cells formatted as a number - resulting in a NULL value.
Take an empty column, give it a title, and format the column as a number. That should illustrate the problem.

I suggest a teensy weeny change to createworkingcursors() to allow for null values in the cellvalue field:

CREATE CURSOR c_cells (workbook I, sheet I, cellrow I, cellcol I, cellvalue C(25) NULL, datatype C(1), cellformula M, stringid I, ;

  fontid I, fillid I, nbrfmtid I, borderid I, numdec I, halign C(8), valign C(8), wordwrap L, celldeleted L)

Please pass it on...