Error updating PEM Editor

1 view

Bhavbhuti Nathwani

Feb 3, 2018, 2:18:20 AM2/3/18
to foxpr...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jim

Long time no speak :)

Am I the only one facing this issue?  The zip file downloaded is invalid, see screen shot

Please advise

Kind regards

Bhavbhuti

Ian Simcock

Feb 3, 2018, 10:41:33 AM2/3/18
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bhavbhuti.

I just tested it and I get the same problem. If you look at the file that is downloaded it is a text file saying that there was a 404 error, so it looks like the PEM Editor is missing, or has a wrong name. Either way, it can't be found.

I'm sure that Jim or Doug will fix the problem soon.

Jim Nelson

Feb 3, 2018, 11:09:11 AM2/3/18
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Bhavbhuti --

Nice to hear from you again.  Yes, it has been awhile.

I now longer support Thor and all its tools -- I gave that up last year when we learned that CodePlex was going away and Thor and all its tools would have to be moved.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you who currently has the responsibility for Thor.

Bhavbhuti Nathwani

Feb 5, 2018, 2:32:05 AM2/5/18
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com, ian.s...@gmail.com

Thanks for confirming Ian

Kind regards

Bhavbhuti

Bhavbhuti Nathwani

Feb 5, 2018, 2:33:54 AM2/5/18
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com, jimrn...@gmail.com

No problem there Jim.  I will wait to hear more from the group

Kind regards

Bhavbhuti

Tore Bleken

Feb 5, 2018, 4:07:11 AM2/5/18
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

I will look into this problem shortly, I have another project that I must finish first.

Tore Bleken

Bhavbhuti Nathwani

Feb 5, 2018, 4:42:36 AM2/5/18
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Tore

Matt Slay

Feb 5, 2018, 9:09:17 AM2/5/18
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com, ian.s...@gmail.com
Jim is not working on Thor tools any longer.

You better send this directly to Doug.

On Feb 5, 2018, at 1:31 AM, Bhavbhuti Nathwani <bhav...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for confirming Ian

Kind regards

Bhavbhuti

On 3 February 2018 at 17:48, Bhavbhuti Nathwani <bhav...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jim

Long time no speak :)

Am I the only one facing this issue?  The zip file downloaded is invalid, see screen shot

<fbgioiebeaocegma.png>

Please advise

Kind regards

Bhavbhuti

rk

Feb 6, 2018, 8:04:26 AM2/6/18
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
This appears to be fixed now. I just updated PEME via Thor.

Matt Slay

Feb 6, 2018, 8:31:08 AM2/6/18
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
What do you mean by “updated”?  There hasn’t been a PEME update in a very long time.

Matt Slay

Rick Schummer

Feb 6, 2018, 12:19:04 PM2/6/18
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

Hi Matt,

Doug made a bug fix found by Bob Wilkes. Released January 31st. There was a problem with the path in the Thor update file that was causing the problem with the update. Turned out to be a GitHub issue with case sensitivity. All fixed now.

Rick Schummer

On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 2:18:20 AM UTC-5, Bhavbhuti wrote:

Hi Jim

Long time no speak :)

Am I the only one facing this issue?  The zip file downloaded is invalid, see screen shot

Image removed by sender.

Please advise

Kind regards

Bhavbhuti