Fwd: {GoFish} GF 5.0.162 Line Position in PRG

Jim Nelson

Feb 10, 2017, 9:33:19 AM2/10/17
to foxpr...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Nelson <jimrn...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 7:30 AM
Subject: Re: {GoFish} GF 5.0.162 Line Position in PRG
To: "foxpro...@googlegroups.com" <foxpro...@googlegroups.com>

Thomas --

Yes, what you describe does seem to be the case when the match in the PRG is not after a PROC or FUNC line.

Funny that nobody has ever noticed this before.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 7:22 AM, Thomas Filliman <filli...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is the feature where choosing edit from the search results opens the PRG and puts the cursor on the appropriate line broken?

In GF 4 it works, but on GF 5 it always places the cursor at the top of the opened PRG.

I went ahead and traced the source to method EditFromCurrentRow in class GoFishSearchEngine, which was changed in GF5.
The problem I am experiencing seems to be that m.lcMethod is empty for a stand alone PRG and the new code forces lnStart to 1 whenever lcMethod is empty.

Temporarily I patched the method to remove the check for empty m.lcMethod, and then it works as I expect.

** TF 02/2017 When m.lcMethod is empty, no line positioning takes place.
* removed the check for empty lcmethod to see if that helps.
**If Empty(m.lcMethod) Or 0 # Atc('<Property', m.lcMatchType)

If 0 # Atc('<Property', m.lcMatchType)
    lcMethodString = ''
    lnStart           = 1
Else

Thanks.

Jim Nelson

Feb 10, 2017, 4:55:25 PM2/10/17
to foxpro...@googlegroups.com, foxpr...@googlegroups.com
Thomas --

There should be an update in the next few days, I would assume.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Thomas Filliman <filli...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, thanks.
Will there be a formal code change made? Or am I on my own with what I did to make it work?

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 9:30:48 AM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
[...]

Jim Nelson

Feb 12, 2017, 11:24:13 AM2/12/17
to foxpro...@googlegroups.com, foxpr...@googlegroups.com
Thomas --

This problem has been corrected in today's update to GF5.

Thanks for finding the exact line of code that needed to be modified, making my part in this a breeze.