GoFish 5.0.142 Beta Update

Jim Nelson

Aug 6, 2016, 9:31:55 AM8/6/16
to foxpr...@googlegroups.com, foxpro...@googlegroups.com
In this update, one requested enhancement, a new option, and a bug fix/

[1]  Enhancement requested by Mike Potjer:

When using wildcards in the filter screen, you can now specify that the text you enter is an Exact Match, instead of the default which is Match Anywhere.

Inline image 1

In this example, the filter will find all matches that begin with INIT but not matches anywhere else.

(The default behavior when using wildcards is to add * before and after the search text; this option allows you to specify where the * should be placed, if at all)

[2]  The Advanced search screen has a new option:

Inline image 2

If selected, the properties field in SCXs and SCXs will not be searched. This eliminates match types <<Property Def>>, <<Property Desc>>, <<Method Def>>, and <<Method Desc>>.

This option can also be accessed in the context menu of the "Advanced" button on the results screen.

[3]   And a bug fix when the search text exactly matches the text in a non-code field in a table.  (Thanks to Richard Kaye for bringing up this problem).  One of those nasty off-by-one problems.

Mike Potjer

Aug 8, 2016, 1:45:49 PM8/8/16
to GoFish, foxpr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

I tested [1] a bit, and it looks good.  Thanks!

I also tried [2], and I think that's a nice enhancement.  I also like the option to ignore MemberData, which you apparently added somewhere between 142 and 144.

Mike