BeautifyX indent change

Eddie Caldwell

Aug 8, 2016, 3:03:13 PM8/8/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
I would like to change how BeautifyX indents ELSE, ENDIF and , ENDFOR so that it is like the following

IF condition
   ELSE
   ENDIF

FOR x=1 to 10
    ENDFOR

Is there some way to do this with a setting that I don't see?
If not, can I edit beautifyX do this?
If so, please point me in the direction of where to start.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide,

Eddie Caldwell

Jim Nelson

Aug 8, 2016, 3:05:25 PM8/8/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Eddie --

BeautifyX just uses native Beautify for indentation of the phrases you point to, so there's nothing I can point you to that will help.

Sorry.

Frank moore

Aug 8, 2016, 7:16:59 PM8/8/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
I thought the official plan of the developers on IF/ENDIF and FOR/ENDFOR was to NOT indent as it caused confusion in long statements.

Frank

Koen Piller

Aug 8, 2016, 11:36:16 PM8/8/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
BeautifyX.prg you can change to your needs and save in myProcedures folder. Thor will than use the by you constructed procedure. A thing you can do for every procedure /program in Thor. Obviousily when you do that you will not benefit from future updates on the original procedure. The by you proposed identation does seem to be an 'enhancement' to me but I suppose you have good reaaons.
Regards
Koen

Send from my iPhone

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone

Rick Schummer

Sep 2, 2016, 11:28:20 AM9/2/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

HI Eddie,

Sorry for the late response on this, but the source code for the VFP native Beautify is found here:

http://vfpx.codeplex.com/releases/view/10973

I’ve never looked at it, but maybe you can check into the indenting logic for your customized change.

Rick

Jim Nelson

Sep 2, 2016, 4:14:48 PM9/2/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Rick --

Unfortunately, what you get from that release is just a PRG which call fd3.fll, which does all the work.