PEME question

1 view

Russell Campbell

Aug 11, 2016, 5:09:11 PM8/11/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

Someone please tell me what I’m forgetting in terms of having PEME come up at the last place it was positioned.  I’ve set it Dockable and it’s off on my second screen and it used to remember that setting and reappear there, but after a recent Win 10 crash resulting in my having to reinstall the OS, this is not working.  I’ve poked around in the settings, but maybe I’m missing it (though I thought this was really about VFP remembering it and storing it in the FOXUSER table).

Thanks,

Russell

Mike Potjer

Aug 12, 2016, 1:09:16 PM8/12/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Hi Russell,

I had the same problem.  Fortunately, I was able to figure it out, and wrote the following note of it for future reference:

Although you can make PEM Editor dockable, for some reason it does not initially save the Dockable setting.  To get it to save that setting, run PEM Editor, turn on the Dockable setting (by right-clicking the title bar), then with PEM Editor still open, run the following command from the Command Window:

_oPEMEditor.oUtils.oPEMEditor.SaveDockingInfo()

Hope this helps,
Mike

Russell Campbell

Aug 15, 2016, 8:54:42 PM8/15/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Mike.  I’ve been using PEME for a few years now and I don’t remember running into this problem before.  It’s just always seemed to save that just fine.

I tried what you said, got no error from that statement, but still if I then close the PEME window and reopen it, it comes up as not dockable.

I can’t figure out what’s up with this.  Maybe Jim can chime in?

Russell Campbell

Aug 15, 2016, 9:13:21 PM8/15/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

Well, it did not immediately work, but now it’s working for whatever reason.  So I guess I’m good unless it breaks again.  Thanks.

Russell Campbell

Dec 28, 2016, 11:48:28 AM12/28/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

This issue of the PEME window not saving its dockable status and location is occurring again.  Last time I used the Command Window command that Mike Potjer suggested (see the replies below).  It did not immediately help, but then at some point shortly thereafter the PEME windows started docking properly (which in this case means that it remembered the dockable status – True – and docked outside of the VFP window where I keep the other VFP windows (Data Session, Doc View, etc.).

Now, it’s happening again and though I used that command a few times now (and days have gone by), the PEME window still will not remember its last position and return there when it’s started.  Thoughts?

Russell Campbell

Jan 11, 2017, 12:12:16 PM1/11/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

Well, like the last time, PEME suddenly decided to start properly remembering the position again.  Despite earlier efforts to use the command offered by Mike and making in dockable, then positioning it where I wanted it, it would not remember where it was.  Today I opened it and it has suddenly decided to remember its position.

Jim Nelson

Jan 11, 2017, 12:14:36 PM1/11/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
So PEME now has a mind of its own?