Thor Intellisense error

1 view

Russell Campbell

Jan 18, 2017, 5:46:47 PM1/18/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

I’m getting an error when typing “this.”

As soon as I type the “.” I get this error . . .

I also get it when typing .t.

I get it on the first period, but not when typing the second.  I have checked for updates and seem to have everything up-to-date.

Russell

image001.png

Jim Nelson

Jan 18, 2017, 6:05:43 PM1/18/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Must be something unique about something in your dataevironment.

You could always copy that PRG from your "Tools" folder to "My Tools" and then fix it so that it avoids this error.

Russell Campbell

Jan 19, 2017, 4:49:28 PM1/19/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

I am not getting it all the time, but something seems to be triggering it. Perhaps it is related to the error I got earlier, which was the ActiveProject error.

Jim Nelson

Jan 19, 2017, 4:51:24 PM1/19/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Really shouldn't matter.

You should be able to add a use of PEMStatus to that line to check that property Alias exists.

That should take care of the problem

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Russell Campbell <russca...@interthink.com> wrote:

I am not getting it all the time, but something seems to be triggering it. Perhaps it is related to the error I got earlier, which was the ActiveProject error.

Russell Campbell

Jan 20, 2017, 5:23:17 PM1/20/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

You don’t want to put that code in the original source?  I’ve hardly been in VFP today.  Not till just a bit ago.  Opened up one form and looked at it, but did not change it, and then closed it.  Later I opened another form and as I was adding a comment and put a period at the end of a sentence, I got the same “Property alias is not found” error.

Koen Piller

Jan 21, 2017, 3:26:53 AM1/21/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Russell
A period at the end of a sentence? I hope this is comment sentence, when this is a code sentence than it explains.
There is a setting in Thor to catch this.
Please investigate the IntellisenseX settings.
( I dont have VFP avalable right here to give you more details)
Koen

Op vr 20 jan. 2017 om 23:23 schreef Russell Campbell <russca...@interthink.com>
--
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone

Jim Nelson

Jan 21, 2017, 6:51:05 PM1/21/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Russell --

At this time, I have no expectation of ever making any further enhancements to Thor or any of the related tools I have created over the years.

It has been a lot of fun over the years, but I think my time of building and maintaining FoxPro tools has come to an end.

Koen Piller

Jan 22, 2017, 12:06:09 AM1/22/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Jim this Message feels a little bit like you have a serious health problem. I hope I am mistaken. In any way I suppose I am not the only one who wants to tell you how much I appreviated your work for VFP. Are you changing to an other platform?
Very best regards
Koen

Op zo 22 jan. 2017 om 00:51 schreef Jim Nelson <jimrn...@gmail.com>

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone

Jim Nelson

Jan 22, 2017, 12:44:25 PM1/22/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Koen --

Thanks for the kind words!

Nope, no health issues here.  For an older guy (66), ain't got nothing to complain about.

Your guess about the changing platform is closer -- am changing from the Fox to retirement within a year or so.   All VFP development at my job has come to a standstill.  Corporate belief is that installing NAV will make me and all my FoxPro apps obsolete in one fell swoop.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone

Koen Piller

Jan 22, 2017, 2:35:06 PM1/22/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Jim
Close to understand donot think it is a wise decission compact is flushing lots of knowledge. Anyway if your company wants some advise On VFP in 5 years you can always contact one of us. You will be amazed how fast VFP tricks will melt when you stop using them.
I still have 10 years to go, only born in 1945.
It was my pleasure to read your out-of-the-box solutions.
Very best regards
Koen

Op zo 22 jan. 2017 om 18:44 schreef Jim Nelson <jimrn...@gmail.com>

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone

rk

Jan 26, 2017, 3:44:12 PM1/26/17
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Hi Jim,

Thanks for all your contributions to Thor and the community! I don't know how imminent your retirement is but I wish you all the best.

One more practical question, if you'll allow; who is going to take over the flagging of updated projects to download via Thor? My vague understanding of this is you've been manually updating some version text file for each project listed?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone

Jim Nelson

Jan 27, 2017, 1:59:57 PM1/27/17
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
rk --

Thanks for the kind words.

My retirement is on the horizon, but certainly not this year.

More than anything else, as relates to Thor, activity has pretty much come to a standstill.  I have nothing more to add (the well is dry) and there are few active VFPX projects.

So 'm still around, and will be for a while -- just not much to do.