GF 5.0.67 Beta

Jim Nelson

Nov 24, 2015, 8:05:50 AM11/24/15
to foxpr...@googlegroups.com, Slay, Matt
Minor updates:
  1. Filter button now has a tooltip showing the filter
  2. Two small UI changes.

Andrew Nickless

Nov 30, 2015, 9:16:45 PM11/30/15
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim

A question regarding the fields  'Within matched line' and 'Within Same Statement'

I noticed they are trimmed so if I was searching for ' for ' using Within... I would also get all the 'thisform' lines.

I would like to at least have a preceding space that I have entered kept rather than trimmed if possible?

regards

Andrew

Jim Nelson

Dec 1, 2015, 8:10:23 PM12/1/15
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Andrew --

I will keep this in mind for the next update.

Andrew Nickless

Dec 1, 2015, 8:29:49 PM12/1/15
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jim

one that may be in the too hard basket

'Within matched line'

my lines have continued on next ie ;

replace alias.this with that ;
            alias.other with thatotherone ;
            in alias

so if I am searching for 'other' and filter within matched line I have 'replace' then theoretically I should find this ?  (rather than within procedure)

Jim Nelson

Dec 1, 2015, 8:37:05 PM12/1/15
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Andrew --

The "matched line" is what you see in the grid in GF -- that is, a single line delimited by CRs, not a executable line spread over multiple lines with the ';' at the end of each line.

I had investigated the issue of identifying statements spread over multiple lines in the past (for other reasons) and found it very difficult to implement, even when ignoring the complexity of having comments after the ';'.

So the best you can do is to look with the same procedure, probably a much wider net than you are interested in.