GoFish4 Beta

Koen

Aug 9, 2016, 3:55:33 PM8/9/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro

Hi,

My  scx gofish_filterpf.scx  looks different than the file you show us, what is going on?

Regards,

Koen

Jim Nelson

Aug 9, 2016, 3:59:54 PM8/9/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Koen --

What difference(s) are you referring to?  Background colors, perhaps?  I thknk they are theme related or something.  But any other differences?

Koen Piller

Aug 9, 2016, 4:17:23 PM8/9/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Jim
1 background
2 ftrst page with different forecolor
3 button apply with blue box

Did you change  themes on your scx?
Regards
Koen

--
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone

Jim Nelson

Aug 9, 2016, 4:25:23 PM8/9/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Koen --

Nope, I never have done anything with themes in GF or anywhere else.  Have never paid attention to it.

I cannot see the effect it has, either, since I only work in one environment.

And paying attention to colors in GF is real low on my priority list.

Koen

Aug 10, 2016, 5:44:41 AM8/10/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Jim,

Please upload your latest gofish_filterpf.sc2.I will than do a compair with my file,Hmm and still I have a completely different screen. Of course I dont care so much about the UI but I am afraid if the UI is different, what more is different?
Please upload the latest gofish_filterpf.sc2
Regards,
Koen

Jim Nelson

Aug 10, 2016, 5:55:46 AM8/10/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
All the source code for GF is included with each update to it.  See folder Thor\Tools\Apps.

Since GF is an APP, I can't imagine the files are different (although the appearance may be based on various settings)

Koen

Aug 10, 2016, 7:44:01 AM8/10/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Jim,
I know however my sc2 file is clearly different from yours.
If you dont like to pass that  file, than it is also ok, afterall it is a Beta and I will concntrate on the official GoFish4.app
Regards,
Koen

Jim Nelson

Aug 10, 2016, 9:58:51 AM8/10/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Koen --

As I said, all the source code is already available when you download the update.  You can create your won SC2 file from that to make any comparisons you wish.

Mike Potjer

Aug 10, 2016, 2:07:59 PM8/10/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Koen,

The GF forms are setup to respect Windows themes and color schemes, so that's the reason for the differences, not anything in the GF code.  Jim evidently has his Windows desktop setup to use the "Classic" appearance, but the default Windows 10 desktop appearance looks like your image.

To elaborate a little on your list:
2. The ACTIVE page is a different color
3. The default button, or the button that has the focus, will have the "blue box" around it.

Koen

Aug 10, 2016, 2:52:09 PM8/10/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Mike,
That explains! Thanks for your reply,
Do you also have kowlegde which procedure or API call  controls this?
Regards,
Koen

Mike Potjer

Aug 12, 2016, 1:00:53 PM8/12/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Koen,
I don't understand.  What is it that you want a procedure or API for?

Koen Piller

Aug 12, 2016, 4:29:42 PM8/12/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Mike
Forget it. In case I find it ness I will figure it out by study of the source code.
I believe I can change the form in s more apealing UI easily. My main concern was that other things where different on my file vs the file Jim showed. You made it clear it is a fully seperate independent procedure.
Again thanks for clarification.
Regards
Koen

- send from iPhone