Git-Hg Utilities beta v.2016-12-09

Mike Potjer

Dec 10, 2016, 3:48:12 PM12/10/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Hi All,

There is a beta version of the Git-Hg utilities available, which now supports Git or Mercurial repositories which only store the FoxBin2Prg text files, and not the VFP binaries.  If you want to try it out, the easiest way to install the beta is to download a Thor "Check for updates" file, which you can get here:

Save that file into your local "Thor\Tools\Updates\My Updates" folder.  Then run Thor's Check for updates to install it.  Look for an entry called "Git and Hg Utilities (Beta)".

You can read the updated documentation here (I prefer the way GitHub formats the markdown text):

If these utilities are not a part of your permanent routine, then you probably want to open the Thor configuration dialog, and under the Git Utilities options, turn OFF the timestamp option.  You can do this by selecting either "Never save timestamps" or "Only save when the timestamp file exists".  There is no harm to creating the timestamp file, since it is only one file per repository, and easily deleted if you stop using these utilities.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Mike