IntellisenseX

1 view

Koen

Dec 12, 2016, 5:29:12 AM12/12/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Hi,

How to change the functionality of IntellisenseX ?

Instead of the now default format of tablefields ( nNnnnn) - based on the use of prefixes in tablefields like e.g. lSelect.
I would like to chane this, if possible temporary, into Nnnnn.
Any functionality to do this available?

Thanks,

Koen

Jim Nelson

Dec 12, 2016, 9:10:24 AM12/12/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Koen --

Can you explain this more fully, possibly with an example or two?  I do not understand what you are trying to achieve nor how IntellisenseX is involved.

Koen Piller

Dec 12, 2016, 11:07:48 AM12/12/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Jim,

An example is a bit more.  You can see the effect as follows:
- start Intellisense
- open a table
- open or modify a form (class or vcx)
- open a textbox and modify the ControlSource
now starttyping with the tablename and enter a Dot
at that moment a dropdown will appear with all the field names from your 'selected' table. The fieldnames are preformatted with nNnnn regardless.
Very handy it prevents you to make typos with the fieldnames. However if you are not a supporter of a prefix in fieldnames, so you have selection as fieldname you will endup with sElection, however if you are a supporter and you have a field like lselection you will endup with lSelection. The first is nasty to read, the second is beautiful to read.
What I am looking for is a (temporary) disablement of this formatting function.
Trust my explication is clear.
Regards,
Koen

Jim Nelson

Dec 12, 2016, 11:13:25 AM12/12/16
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Koen --

The default handling of that is controlled in the Thor configuration screen for IntellisenseX.

Inline image 1

Koen

Dec 12, 2016, 11:20:37 AM12/12/16
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Jim,

excellent! Have changed from Hungarian to Proper.
Best regards,
Koen